“Not as much food”
Review of Panda Mami

Panda Mami
Ranked #186 of 582 Restaurants in Chester
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Yes there is a lot of food however food that they advertised online wasn’t there because they stopped doing it which was disappointing. The nicest food they do is spring rolls. The lasagna is ok. Nothing special really.

2  Thank lizzii997

Reviewed 19 February 2018

foodwise this isn't the worst buffet we've been to... but it was the usual mish mash of Chinese, Thai, a couple of Indian dishes,some pizza and a whole host of fillers for people who take their fussy children...things like chicken nuggets and hot dog sausages.
There was also a sushi bar (which is what attracted us) but the sushi was very poor quality and the lass making the sushi when asked if she could make more cucumber maki replied 'I don't know what that is'... it's be nice if the staff knew 'something' about the food they are serving.
Staff in gereral were friendly, and plate removal fairly prompt.
The real down side was health and safety...one of the serving ladles fell on the floor and we watched a man pick it up and tell a member of staff who just carefully repositioned it back in front of the sweet and sour chicken.
Lots of the dishes weren't labelled - which, when one of your party is vegetarian is a bit restricting and lastly (and this seems common to lots of these buffet places) is small children picking up food with their fingers from the serving areas and playing with the bowls of sweets etc.
If anyone opens one of these places that is adults only it'll be a vast improvement.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Visited early one Saturday evening, it was busy. Food was ok, we'd eat here again were it not for the pretty filthy stairs to the upper eating area and toilets, sticky, dirty and in plain site, made me totally preoccupied thinking what state the hidden areas are in, i.e. the kitchen. There was one waiter upstairs, young, dark hair, beard, nice smile, who was very hard working and professional however he was not treated well by the man who appeared to be running the service. If anyone is looking for new staff, come and poach this man!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Reserved a table and when we got there still had to wait about 15mins for a table which was a bit disappointing, however it was worth the wait, there was an extensive choice of food and the waiting staff were all very friendly. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere too and we had a great night.
Would recommend..... especially the sushi :) :) :)

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Panda Mami is a fab place to take children. There’s a huge variety of food so it suited my fussy eater step son, and our other two who are more adventurous. No waiting around and no worries about paying for things they don’t finish. The food is okay. Don’t go expecting the best Chinese/Thai/deserts you have ever had and you won’t be disappointed. It’s tasty enough. Think decent takeaway standard. The main down side for me was that I can’t tolerate gluten and dishes aren’t marked as gluten free. You’re given a list of all the dishes and the ones with gluten on are marked with a ‘c’ so I was wondering round with my plate and this list looking and feeling like a bit of a lemon! The vast majority of the food contains gluten, even stuff that shouldn’t normally and because you’re surrounded by things you can’t have, but look nice, it’s no fun! Everyone else stuffed themselves; I didn’t feel satisfied. I could easily have filled myself with rice/chips but that’s not me. If you have a large appetite and love value for money food, it’s fine. I would go again, but only because the children loved it so much. They could easily sort this with a little note on the food signs themselves and avoiding gluten that doesn’t need to be there...I mean who puts flour in Creme brûlée?