1,809 results
All reviews park and ride privilege room health club leisure facilities evening meal bar prices city centre steam room minute drive cheshire oaks stayed here for two nights tea and coffee two night stay enjoyable stay weekend break yogurt zoo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Louis M, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Just spent the weekend in Chester, stayed at Abbots Well hotel, as usual booked through Secret Escapes. Delighted with my choice. Treated my daughter to a room too, as she cannot afford such luxuries and she too... was delighted with my choice!
From the moment we were checked in by the friendly and bubbly Victoria on reception, it just got better and better!....especially watching England reach the semi-finals of the world cup in the bar with all the other guests.....footballs coming home!!..... We always choose spa hotels..pool, sauna, etc. And this hotels were as good as any others we have experienced. The included dinner was very very good and the menu offered had something for everyone...my daughter was so excited that her dinner and breakfast were "free"..bless her!... A few delays in serving, but no criticism here.. they were short staffed and a special thank you to Simon and Daisy for working their socks off to make up the delays! So to our bed that was very comfortable ...but due to this stifling heatwave unbearable to get into!! We slept ...or rather didn't....on top! Possibly the worst nights sleep I have experienced in our stays away. The room was very very hot and like a sauna, but we did have a fan supplied to ease the situation, This morning many guests complained strongly about the same thing,.... but not me! This weather is unique and if the hotel does not have AC. How can the hotel resolve it? The rooms have big fans and the windows open ...but as always the staff take the brunt for a design fault! Our experience was a very positive one and as Chester is so beautiful we will definitely stay here again and recommend it to all but not it seems if the temperature is 28°+!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Paul M
Many thanks for your kind words and supportive feedback.
I have passed your comments onto my team and they were delighted to know your appreciated their efforts.
I also would like to thank you for being so understanding regarding the hot weather, as you so eloquently stated without AC there is very little we can do.
Once again many thanks and we all look forward your next visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Well where to start ! On arrival there was a queue out of the door to check in ! Turns out two coach tours had arrived but only one was booked in! When we were allocated a room it was on the ground floor. The 28 degree heat felt that hot inside with only a small pretty useless fan. Unable to leave windows open as ground floor. Evening meal was very basic with staff that tried very hard but were just not trained right . What looked like the restaurant manager was walking round the dining room with sweat dripping from him and running his fingers through his wet hair and the serving food and drinks ...quiet disgusting . The dining room was not full but the staff could just not cope. Breakfast was I bit better self service but there were chipped cups and glasses. The hotel has the potential to be lovely as the surroundings are beautiful but it needs a lot of work doing the the rooms and the dining room staff need full training. I didn’t complain at the time as I thought ‘you get what you pay for’ and we had gotten a really good deal but some people paid a lot more than we did so I suppose get any improvements looked at I should have complained !
Don’t think I would return I’d recommend

Dear Angela B

Many thanks for taking the time share your feedback.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is always taken very seriously.
I would like to thank you for your constructive comments.
Once agin many thanks
Kidn regards

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Pictures on website didn’t really reflect the rooms. Furniture old and poor condition, no air con, arrived in 28 degree plus weather to a room with window shut and heating on. One room did have a fan but was old with an intermittent fault, requested one for other room which we were promised but never arrived. Floors were bouncy and noisy. Rooms were not clean with dust and dirt clearly visible around edge of room and around/under bed in both rooms we had. Main reception areas better but still found old food under furniture at breakfast. Family changing room to swimming pool was old, dirty smelly and in poor repair. Swimming pool not much better and looked far more tired that the website pictures suggest. Was also dirty with dirt settled on the steps at the edges. Food was ok but extremely expensive for what was on offer. Misleading website and the worst hotel we have ever stayed at, would not recommend for any reason. How this has reached a 4 star status is beyond us.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 266lee
Louis M, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear 266lee

I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations or needs.
Still I hope that you did enjoy your time in chester.
Once agin many thanks for taking the time to pass onto me your feedback.
Kidn ergards

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while we were at a friends birthday party. Although we just needed somewhere to get our head down, it was good for that! However there was no air con in the room and it was a boiling hot night, so when I woke up in the morning and was soaked with sweat I called down to reception to ask if it was possible to have some iced water in a jug. Their response was that they would bring some up but there was a charge of £5 to bring it up! Although it’s only £5, while it’s that hot in the hotel which has no aircon and only a fan that barely worked, there shouldn’t be a charge for iced water! We also ordered pizza to be delivered to the room for before we went out, 40 minutes after ordering we called down to see how long it would take, it turned out there had been some sort of mix up and therefore for some reason the pizza hadn’t yet been cooked. We didn’t end up eating it because it made us late for the party we were meant to be attending! It just seemed like it was very unorganised while we stayed there, although the staff were lovely, accepting and respectful

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank connorjoyce995

Dear Connorjoyce995
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I apologise for any issue you encountered during your stay, and would like to thank you for highlighting these.
On a positive side I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in chester.
Once agin many thanks for your feedback.
very much looking forward your next visit,
Kidn regards