“Gurnards Head to Zennor”

Reviewed 29 June 2016

One of my main reasons for going to Cornwall was to do a coastal path walk. I was not disappointed with this short trip and was pleased that the weather was kind. Only about 2 1/2 miles but definitely Cornish miles. The path was good and not too muddy following the overnight rain.
The trip was extended for me for a sign post indicated turn inland to Zennor. When I reached the road, I found I was still some way from Zennor with only a road available. I went back and rejoined the coastal path until I reached a sign giving much more precise directions. In no time I was in The Tinners Arms for some refreshment.

All reviews
"porthcurno"
"stone"
"route"

Reviewed 5 May 2016

My husband and I completed the coastal walk from St Ives to Zennor today, and although we found it quite difficult in places it was well worth it for the stunning views. It took us about four hours to complete and we had a well earned rest and lunch at the Tinners pub in Zennor which was lovely and then caught the local bus back to St.Ives.

3  Thank Lynda C
Reviewed 3 April 2016

What a lovely walk on a crisp, sunny day in late March. Parked at Lands End, community bus to St Just then short walk to Cape Cornwall. Brief stop for coffee and cake before setting off for coastal walk southwards towards Lands End. Stunning views, hidden valleys, cliff top path above crashing Atlantic waves, paddling in rocky stream, ending at Sennen beach. Had planned to continue to Lands End but kids were enjoying playing on the beach, my wife and I were enjoying a coffee and the late sunshine, so grabbed a taxi to collect the car. Our kids are 9 and 11 and were tired but happy. Not suitable for smaller children as the path gets a little close to the cliff edge in places. Very good day.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

even on a blustery January day this is a great walk. The views are breathtaking. The path is mostly well maintained if muddy in places at this time of year. We were a little disappointed that we could not access the beach at Bedruthan Steps. The lack of facilities (open beaches, cafes etc) is balances out by the lack of crowds.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 December 2015

We walked two sections of the coastal path from Fowey - west towards Polkerris and east towards Lantic Bay. Both are circular walks, beginning and ending in Fowey (one involves getting the passenger ferry to Polruan from Fowey. The views are stunning, and even on a wet, windy day the walks were enjoyable and envigorating. The coastal sections are not flat, but not too challenging, and each lasted about three and a half hours. Perfect for a November day.