“Second visit, third needs to be planned asap”
Review of Oliver's

Oliver's
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$17 - US$76
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

If you are visiting Cornwall this is a must. Book beforehand because it's always full.

Just on the high street this small restaurant always serves incredible freshly made food. High end without the price and pretence.

Everything we ate was spectacular (couldn't tell you which of the bisque, venison or pistachio & orange cake was my favourite!). The host was welcoming and friendly as ever, and went above and beyond to make sure our evening was perfect.

We will be back, and I can't wait.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This was the best meal of my holiday, actually, it has been my best meal of the year! A small menu which to me is always a sign of a good restaurant, especially as I could have eaten anything from it. Perfect portion sizes so I left nicely full but not uncomfortable. Taste, flavour and cooking skill were fantastic and blew me away. Friendly and attentive service. Value for money was good beyond words. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We ate here last week when we were in Falmouth. Wow! What a treat! From the moment Wendy, who was front of house, greeted us until the minute we left the restaurant we were treated as special customers. The food was amazing and as good as we have ever eaten anywhere. The whole experience was delightful and I would highly recommend anyone who is in Falmouth to eat here. Just remember to book a table though.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Oliver's during a weekend in Falmouth having booked well in advance. We were not disappointed. Delicious food combinations coupled with down to earth and friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere to boot. A huge thank you to Wendy, her other half (who happens to be the very talented chef), and the rest of the team. Highly recommended, we'll certainly be returning!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

My wife and I ate here on our final night in Falmouth. We were really glad it was the final night, as if it had been the first, the rest of our dining out experiences in the area would have been a huge let down by comparison.

As other reviewers have said, the food and service is fantastic. Locally sourced ingredients cooked to perfection. Apart from us tourists, there seem to be a quite a few locals who were making return visits. Who can blame them? With this place nearby it would be once a month treat for us without a doubt.

Wendy, the co-owner and wife of the Chef is one of life's true characters and someone who we immediately took to. Clearly someone happy in her own skin and taking great joy from making her guests feel welcome and feeding them (extremely) well.

When it comes to the food, the duck breast with duck sausage and confit mashed potato was probably one of the best two or three plates of food I have ever eaten, and that includes at a smattering of Michelin starred places. The fish my wife chose (I think it was sea bass, sorry, was too focused on my duck to give it more than a passing notice) was equally well received. Starters (pigeon breast salad) and dessert (boozy affogato) were equally sublime. The wine list wasn't huge, but the range and quality was good and certainly well priced.

In a week of mediocre i.e. OK, but nothing more than just OK, food experiences (Orchid Thai, Star & Garter and Harbour Lights, not wow'ing us at all) Olivers and Hunky Dory stood out head and shoulders above the rest. Hunky Dory was very good (see my other review for details) but Oliver's was far and away our favourite though. Just a step ahead in terms of the quality of the food.

Not sure when we will return to the area, but it will probably be organised to ensure we can get a table at Oliver's. It's always very busy, so I would highly recommend that you book well in advance.