1,593 results
All reviews the flying fish restaurant nautical theme spa facilities building work captain's house hot buffet the main hotel sauna and steam room sea view lovely spa beach house changing rooms birthday treat no lift restaurant staff relaxing break main course
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Stayed for two nights because it was my partner's birthday, lovely stay. Ok parking, fantastic location. Our room in the Beach House had fantastic sea and beach views and a lovely size balcony. Hotel is Conveniently located near the main town, easy to walk. The breakfast and dinner in the Flying Fish Restaurant was amazing, nice views over the gardens and good quality foo. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Nice size swimming pool, would come back.

Room Tip: Book a beach house room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sammyhughes2018
Richard L, Manager at St Michaels Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Sammyhughes2018,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of the hotel form your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that everything was to you satisfaction and you found your room and dinning experience amazing.
Lovely also to hear that you found the team to be helpful and friendly.
We look forward to welcoming you back to St Michaels Hotel & Spa very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate my son’s graduation. It was nice enough - but really not 4 star luxury. I liked the beach themed areas but our rooms were small and a bit grubby in places. I also had to scrabble around on the floor to reach the socket to plug in my phone. There was no handsoap - instead you use the shower gel/ shampoo on the wall. I couldn’t adjust the shower temperature to cooler than it was set at.
Breakfast was good but not extra special.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a pleasant stay but it wasn’t worth the price.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Richard L, Manager at St Michaels Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Hotel after your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction and for this we are truly sorry.
I will certainly take on board your comments and will pass over to the appropriate departments.
I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This is a seriously good hotel, we wanted to go to St Ives but no availability so we begrudgingly booked this hotel. We had never been to Falmouth so we approached this short break as second best. All that changed when we walked into reception.

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who checked us in at double quick time. Our room was in a recently refurbished wing called Beach house, the refurbishment was a very high standard and the room had a large patio door leading to a large balcony with a sea view also the room had good air conditioning

The staff are very good with a friendly attitude, nothing is too much trouble

There is a comprehensive bar with comfortable sitting areas and a good bar menu that’s reasonably priced. It also has a nice restaurant and the food is exceptional. The restaurant also doubles up as the breakfast room with a nice sea view and the garden.

The location of this hotel is one minute walk from the beach and 15 minutes from Falmouth centre.

So second best turned out to be first class and we can’t wait to go back

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg H, Manager at St Michaels Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Johnty5,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic time and were well looked after by the team here at St Michaels.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Richard

Reviewed 17 July 2018

We stayed in the beach house and the room was just fabulous. No other way to describe it. If I had the funds I would live here. The Management and staff made our stay extra special. Their attention to detail was second to none. We booked into the hotel restaurant for our second nights meal and now I understand why you have to book. The food was beautiful. Well presented and cooked to perfection. The staff are extremely polite and pleasant and plentiful.
The hotel facilities are in keeping with the standards of this hotel. The pool was large and inviting and the gym kitted out with all the latest gadgetry you would find in any top class establishment. From the manicured gardens to the ample parking this Hotel will not let you down. A short walk from the hotel and you are on the beach.
We could not find one thing wrong with this Hotel. It is just brilliant. I will be telling all our friends about it and hoping to re-visit one day.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Philip B,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of St Michaels Hotel & Spa, we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your Anniversary Weekend with us.
Its lovely to read that the Team looked after you and that your dinning experience in the Restaurant was to your liking and the food cooked to perfection.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Richard

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We went yesterday to St michaels Spa, we were told the new spa would be open when we booked at the end of May. Lo and behold we got there and it wasn’t open, however no one had bothered to ring and say.
We had lunch in the restaurant. 3 courses which were delicious apart from finding a caterpillar in the lettuce! Also we had made a request for a slight change which had been granted. But when playing up they forgot so sent the unwanted item on the plate anyway!
The service was appalling. It took 2 hours for. 3 course meal with around 6 other people in the restaurant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank holidaysarefuntimes

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent visit.

I am so sorry that there was a break down in communication from our end regarding the opening of our New Spa.
I was also very sorry to hear of the poor service you received during your complementary lunch, I will be speaking with the team and organising additional training within the department.
Please accept our sincere apologies and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back in a few weeks for your Spa Day.