“Warm Welcome”
Review of Hillcrest Hotel

Hillcrest Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Hillcrest Hotel
Ranked #81 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my first time in Newquay so wanted to stay somewhere cheap and close to the town centre, something this hotel has to offer.

The service I received from Duncan was excellent and the breakfasts were fantastic! The only problems I had staying here was the lack of parking at the hotel, there was also no tea/coffee facilities or towels in my room.

Other than the few problems I had it was a fantastic place to stay and a good base for exploring Newquay and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JakeL94

Reviewed 12 August 2014

As most people have said on here, Duncan is very welcoming and laid back guy. the hotel was great, clean and tidy, also very modern with freeview TV's and white walls in both our rooms. the hotel is in 1 minutes walking distance from the town centre where you will find everything you could possibly need. will be sure to stop here again! if not purely for the great breakfasts :)

Room Tip: ask for the balcony room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This has got to be the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed in. Duncan the owner was lovely, welcomed us and nothing was any bother for him- he was a real laid back surfer dude who had a lovely welcome for our group. We were on the top floor in a double bed with a bunk above it, bed was really comfy, bathroom was clean and modern. The room was small but fine as a base and somewhere to sleep. The shower was a bit cold and only a light trickle but the cleanliness made up for this. The hotel is a cool, relaxed place which was great for our age group. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Would definately visit again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my daughter and friends. Lovely place and friendly staff. Received a warm welcome. Room was clean and tidy. A stones throw from the beach. Throughly enjoyed our visit and would definately book again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Happydayz0110
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Been meaning to write this review for some time. I came over last September from Egypt and can honestly say I did not want to go back, the hotel and owners were brilliant! The atmosphere and friendliness of the place is infectious, which always makes any stay more pleasurable. The breakfasts were outstanding, it was like tasting angels dancing on my tongue in comparison to egyptian breakfasts (maybe a slight exaggeration, but you get my drift). If you are looking for a clean, happy, fun hotel I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I will definitely be staying next time, when I visit which is hopefully in August.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo