Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,281 results
All reviews premium room sea view overflow car park parking space fantastic views per day stayed for nights fish and chips the cliff lovely room family room long weekend beaches wetherspoons maze cornwall surfers
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a FANTASTIC stay in the bridal suite. Wow, what value for money. Room was spotless, and the views were breath-taking. Breakfast was great too, the only thing I would mention is that I hope they get proper vegan sausages in, with a soy protein, instead of the plain vegetable ones.

Our windows were cleaned halfway through our stay, which was really nice, I do wish we could open the windows more to enjoy the sea view! People who are commenting on the interior of the hotel should really rather focus on how the rooms are - who cares if the floorboards creak in the hallway!

It is a short walk downhill to the beach and located excellently in Newquay, close to bars and restaurants.

Service was superb, cannot fault them and staff in the restaurant were so lovely.

It was a really nice touch having tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits in the room and the bathroom has been updated too, with a really comfortable bath and shower.

We can't wait to visit again!

Date of stay: June 2021
Candace Jury, Other at Great Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

C482cvjuliah, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! Your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Don’t be scared off by some of the reviews below! This place is a perfectly good value hotel for a few days.

Details below (from bad , average , to good )

- parking, we forgot to ring to book a parking spot. Our own problem, just parked on a street out of town a bit.

- couple of very minor scuffs and marks in the hallways and room. The windows are a bit grimey but I assume that’s just salt spray from the sea, must be a pain to clean. Otherwise the room was spotless.

- our room (215) was huge, I think it’s a family room. An unexpected partial sea view too! very comfy bed and spotlessly clean. No noise issues at all which other people mentioned..

- location is spot on; couldn’t be closer to the beach or town

- the staff were all lovely from check in to dinner at the restaurant one night. The cleaner even gave us a tonne of tea & milk as one of us had to work from the room one day.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Candace Jury, Other at Great Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi R1331hdjamesc thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. We really appreciate your comments - our team work extremely hard to deliver great service and clean rooms and sometimes feel disheartened by reviews that do not understand that it’s an older building with the character that this brings but also the challenges.
Hope to see you again
Thank you again for leaving us this response!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location in Newquay - overlooking the beach and easy walking distance to everything in town. If you want more of the evening night life you might be slightly at the wrong side of town but nonetheless would recommend.
Rooms were clean and all staff were really helpful - I left some items after my departure which they sent to my home address to me. Only thing to not that is on the second floor (where my room was) some of the corridor floors were uneven so may be worth getting an easy access room if you're not stable on your feet.

I was in room 233 - not a sea view. Felt like I had to walk a little way from reception to get to the room but was really clean and exactly what myself and my partner needed - room for two, a comfy bed and shower. It did look over the car park/the front of the hotel but didn't bother us :)

The onsite restaurant/bar is really handy and you can walk down a side path of the hotel to get straight too the beach.

I'd definitely go again.

Would highly recommend booking parking in advance however there are some sneaky ways to get free parking not too far from the hotel - check the side streets near the premier inn.

Room tip: 233 - clean and good size. Did overlook the front car park but didn't bother me.
Date of stay: June 2021
Andrew Dain-Kassammia, Other at Great Western Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Culture53367221554, thank you for your review of Great Western, Newquay.
All feedback is greatly appreciated, and we love to hear that guests have enjoyed their visit.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed three nightsnin this hotel and had alovely time. Our room was a real trick away from the reception along lengthy corridors, but that is the nature of this hotel. We had a long narrow room with windows at each end. One overlooked the beach and the other over the high Street, so we had the best of both worlds.

Our room (235) was very comfortable with a rather cramped bathroom but otherwise very spacious with two single beds and one double in between them. The hotel is very central to all the towns amenities.

We enjoyed our stay there.

1  Thank dtredhead

Dtredhead, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Great Western Hotel! Room 235 is one of our premium family rooms and although it is one of the furthest from reception this does mean it’s in a quieter part of the hotel and is spacious with coastal views
We hope to see you again
Best wishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived at the hotel on a Tuesday, after a long drive from the Midlands. We were aware that there was restricted parking at the hotel and could only book from the Wednesday but needed to drop off luggage. The front of the hotel was shabby and looked closed? and when i went in a lady on reception told me that we could come in to drop off. There were cones in all the bays, so we pulled up in front of the doors...
We were then told that we were obstructing the emergency vehicles bay and i said that all the other bays were coned? She then replied "well be quick then!"

We then decided to eat lunch in their restaurant and have a cool beer after the trip. My daughter ordered the muscles and when they arrived they looked lovely, but as she started to eat them they were very strange in texture and tasted odd. We called over the manager and he seemed annoyed and whisked them away...he never asked if she would like something else? But muttered that he would take it off our bill! She had to sit there and watch me finish my 'over priced' salad. He returned a few minutes later and said that the chef had said there had been a few of the muscles sent back and they thought it was a supplier issue...the muscles were harvested too early?? But still, no apology or offer of another meal or a compensation drink or desert??

Then we went up to the room. BEAUTIFUL view over the ocean! Gorgeous bay window....but room was tired and dirty! Especially the bathroom! Grimy seal around the bath. Weak water pressure, some cover dropped off the shower rail. etc

The corridors were like a rabbit warren and also very tired and paint rubbed off hand rails...

Breakfast was great and the staff were very friendly in there, pity about the rest of them. When we came to leave, the lady asked if everything had been ok on our stay. I answered her honestly and pointed out the things above and she turned very defensive and hostile. She challenged me on the tired appearance of the room and corridors and said that they had been done up last year!? No way!!! I said that i preferred to tell them direct and didn't like to bad mouth on Trip adviser, but she didn't seem to be bothered? Told me that it was my prerogative if i wanted to leave a bed review on here...SO here it is! They have had months of lockdown to tidy this hotel up! And there is no excuse for rudeness! The front of the hotel looks like its closed and un approachable. Just like some of the staff!

Date of stay: June 2021

Rachelw69, we work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. We use local produce on our menu and found that although perfectly fresh some of the mussels had a slightly different flavour, which we were assured was just due to the season and water conditions.
We have an ongoing program of redecoration throughout the hotel and although we work hard to maintain standards of cleanliness there may be some wear and tear visible in the rooms during a busy summer season.
Best wishes,