Kallacliff Hotel
US$221
US$214
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Bristol(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$203
Hotels.com
US$70
US$66
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Bar/Lounge
US$209
US$203
Porth Lodge Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$84
Travelocity
US$99
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewslusty glaze beachliz colinb bstayed in the family roomfantastic hostslovely coupletown centresky tvon arrivalpot of teahome from homesmall hotelsuperb viewslovely hotelnothing is too much troublebeautiful roomshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Kallacliff hotel during the summer bank holiday weekend. Excellent place, lovely host and very accommodating. Beautiful views of the sea just outside the front door. Quite and refreshing.
We stayed to visit the Eden project in Cornwall which is about 40 min away by car.
The highlight were definitely the 2 dogs at the hotel. So friendly. First time I could actually let my 4 yr old run around with pets with me enjoying a drink watching the sunset.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, arrived quite late and wanted to have a last drink at the bar. What we thought was a family gathering in the lounge turned out to be most of the guests chatting and sharing their experiences.
We were warmly welcomed and ended up staying for 3 hours enjoying the local beer and wine!

We met some really lovely people and shared stories and jokes all night, plus playing with the 2 resident dogs was an absolute joy, worthy of an Oscar for their sheer character.

It's what life is all about, meeting people and sharing your experiences.

We had a peaceful, relaxing uninterrupted sleep followed by a really delicious hearty, hot and plentiful breakfast which we ordered the night before.
Fantastic local sausages

10 out of 10 for hospitality, cleanliness, and all that a simple family run hotel should be.

As for the one negative review, whoever wrote that must be so well positioned up their own backside that they can't see the wood from the beach!

As my job takes me to many different countries and continents I'm fortunate enough to stay in some of the worlds best 4 and 5 hotels, if I could swap most of them for this hotel then I most certainly would.

I look forward to returning and enjoying your wonderful hospitality once more.

Thank you...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chriscL2786KW
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Lusty Glaze beach in morning, came to Kallacliff for coffee also breakfast for my little son. There is very beautiful place, nice owners and staff very friendly. They also so much care about customers who aren't guest. Highly recommend this for everyone and we will back again there if we are in Newquay for holiday next year

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Having planned my family's holiday to newquey a couple of months back I originally booked this hotel for just 3 nights. We were camping at a site in crantock a couple of nights prior to our booking of the kallacliff. On arriving at newquey the weather was forecast for rain and high winds for our whole time camping. It was at this point I decided to ring the kallacliff to try and add an extra night to our stay.
I was met by a very accommodating man named Colin ( one half of the owners ). He informed me over the phone that he had a room available but however after the first night I would have to move rooms to my originally booked room. ( This was not a problem at all as they accommodated our needs perfectly and even told us they would move all our luggage for us. )
We arrived wet and cold mid day after our night camping in the rain and was met by a member of staff and Liz ( the other half of the owners. ) We immediately felt welcome and was given our room. They made me, my wife and daughter a nice cup of tea to warn us up.
We got washed up and relaxed in our room which had an electric fire and sky TV which was very welcome after the night and day we had camping.
That evening we decided to have a meal and a few drinks at the kallacliff and the food was cooked for us on request the meals were absolutely beautiful. We then went through to the bar, where we were welcomed by the two owners Colin, Liz and there two very well trained and we'll behaved dogs ( who were just as welcoming and friendly as the owners) and other guests who were enjoying a tipple. We all sat there drinking, talking and laughing untill the late evening. ( It was really nice to feel so relaxed and comfortable and they made my normally shy daughter come out of her shell really quickly. ) Another guest came in late to book in and he said are you all family? ( I think that was the best compliment that these owners could have received. )

In all the rest of the week carried on the same with impeccable hospitality, an unbelievably welcoming atmosphere and beautiful breakfasts and cream teas.
The rooms we stayed in were very clean and beautiful with a gorgeous views.
We usually visit newquey atleast once a year and Me,my wife and daughter all agree that there is no other hotel to stay in again. I think we will be regular visitors to the kallacliff.

If you're looking for a place to stay where you feel more like friends and family than guests then 100% this is the place for you.

3  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 23 August 2017

WOW! From the moment me and my mum arrived we were treated like family and was welcomed to a lovely warm atmosphere and nothing was too much for the lovely owners. Our room was fantastic! We had just stayed at the Glendorgal for a wedding and paid double the amount for one room and we can happily say we had more of a 5* service at the Kallacliff than the £180 a night we paid at the Glendorgal which is 2mins away! Our room was so pretty, had a great useful welcome pack which was really detailed and had everything you needed in there from WIFI codes, menus, to local amenities etc.
I was really impressed we had great tea and coffee facilities in our room, and as i do not drink tea or coffee i was amazed they even provided hot chocs in our room as well as lovely cookies so this was just a dream for me! Thank you :-)
Our room even had peppermint chocolates left by our pillows which was such a lovely touch! The owners are soooo friendly and nice and laid back, we were sad to go tbh!
In our gorgeous bathroom we had little extras such as shampoo, conditioner and even body moisturiser! The Glendorgal didn't even provide any of this so we were thrilled. Our WIFI was great in our room, TV worked fine and the breakfast was just amazing! The dogs are lovely too!
Would deff stay again without a thought and would happily recommend this hotel.
Thanks for making our trip so lovely.

Room Tip: Great views, fantastic service and food!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family