“A must !! ”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

You have to check this place out. The service we had was amazing. One of party had a few dietary issues and the staff were so helpful and sorted us out. Everyone's food was amazing and I had a few pints of the beer which was great. Thanks so much.

This was not our first visit and will not be our last.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Attended on a quiet weeknight with a few other tables of people.

Crab starter with no finger bowl to clean my hands.

Waited ages after our first drink, thinking one of the three waitresses would notice the glasses were empty and we were sitting there in between dishes with nothing to drink for 15 mins. Eventually had to grab a waitress on the way past.

Throughout the entire meal could hear three staff members chatting and laughing at the bar, no wonder why no-one noticed we didn't have a drink!

In the few moments the staff spent not chatting they were rushed off their feet running around as instead of being proactive and paying attention to customers needs they did a sweep of the room every 15-20 mins left with too many things to do at once.

Chicken main was tough and overcooked, a strange mix of Italian and Caribbean spices, very confused dish.

Was going to order another round of drinks and desserts, but it took so long between being brought the dessert menu and asked if we wanted desserts, I just wanted to ask for the bill so I didn't waste more time waiting for that as well. Waited 10 mins after being handed the bill, had to physically stand up to indicate I wanted to leave. Paid, left, won't be back again.

The amount I paid, wish I just went back to Bush Pepper again!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Had a meal here for our wedding Anniversary , great seafood ! And the steak was excellent , friendly staff including the ghost lol well worth a visit it's a must

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to eat and the menu looked great. Website states the restaurant to open 7 days a week however when ringing to book a table the staff member put the phone down on me twice and then the 3rd attempt told me they weren't open. When i stated about the website he said his staff deserves a night off!

Joshua T, General Manager at Captain Jack's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi Ellen,

Apologies for you not being able to dine with us on Sunday. I was the only one in on Sunday daytime and wouldn't have hung up on you, our phone simply doesn't have a voicemail system. Yes, the staff do deserve a night off, we are down to winter staffing and therefore don't have the covering staff that summer allows so I legally (and morally) have to give them a night off - please do come back during the week or Saturday and you'll see how happy it makes them..

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner visted this place unsure of what we were going to get, all I can say is I'm gutted it took us till our last night in Newquay to discover this amazing restaurant. We had scallops to start and with the chorizo it was an excellent start to the meal, by this time we were very excited for our mains, I had the pork belly ribs and she had the surf and turf, steak was cooked to perfection and the prawns were huge and juicy, my food was possibly the best plate of ribs I've ever eaten and for dessert we had the trio of desserts, we were able to choose any three from the menu to have and lastly that did not disappoint. If I could rate this place a 11/10 I would because it was honestly fantastic!