All reviews sea view coach party reading room sea front large bathroom mounts bay single room four poster bed bit dated comfortable hotel first floor scilly isles long weekend lands end town centre st ives promenade
Reviewed 11 July 2018

The hotel reminded us of a bygone era. Our beautiful waterfront room was quite large with a large bathroom, high ceilings, and two large windows overlooking the water. There was a reading room, bar, tea room and dining room. Our breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I'd recommend a taxi from the train station or you can walk.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KurtSrq
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Travelling to the Isles of Scilly, we stop here overnight to catch the morning ferry. Dogs are welcome which is what draws us to this hotel. It has to be said, it's not cheap but it's all about location. I am unable to comment on the meals because we eat down the road at the Dolphin Inn - but the breakfast is perfect with a help yourself buffet.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018

My husband and I AND our dog stayed in this lovely hotel when my husband had finished a 13-day cycle ride from John O' Groats to Lands End. I (and dog) had arrived early for check-in and were allowed to relax in the bar (or the sun lounge) until the room was ready. The room was luxurious and I was so pleased to see a bath (not requested), so that my husband could bathe his aching muscles. Such a comfortable night. And the breakfast the following morning was delicious. Lovely, helpful and welcoming staff. We couldn't have asked for more. Thank you, Queens Hotel in Penzance.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018

I stayed at this hotel June 19-22, 2018. I had a lovely stay. The hotel is a grand old dame, but rooms are recently renovated and fresh. My single room was smallish but not cramped and had a wonderful sea view. My room was decorated in neutral colours (which I happen to prefer) but I noticed that others were done in tasteful colours, just as freshly renovated. Service was gracious, professional, and welcoming. Breakfast buffet was fine. I did not eat in the restaurant (though their menu looked great, it is heavy on seafood, to which I am allergic) but did eat in the bar a couple of times and it was quite good. There are many places around the common areas in which to relax surrounded by antiques (furniture, not guests!) The only reason I gave this property four instead of five is that there are a number of places in the common areas that are worn and in need of refurbishment. This was my first trip to Cornwall, and this felt like an authentic Cornwall experience. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2018

So, it might not be the most modern place, and the service could be a bit erratic, but it's spotless, the service is excellent, and overall, it's charming in it's own way. We needed to change rooms and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family