“Great place for Sunday lunch”
Review of The Mote

The Mote
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Port Isaac
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh, local, simple. Good Food.
Reviewed 28 February 2018

This restaurant is in an excellent spot and we enjoyed a lovely spontaneous Sunday roast there. We had a good choice of tables although those directly overlooking the harbour were reserved so it may be worth booking in advance if this is a priority for you.

1  Thank patpgr
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We arrived on a Friday after a 5 hour drive and were recommended The Mote by our host. We parked in the main car park just outside of Port Isaac and walked 10 minutes down into the harbour. The Mote is right on the harbour's edge and the warm lights were very inviting.

We arrived a little before they started serving food (6pm) and we were allowed to choose our table and ordered drinks to tide us over. The staff were lovely and the drinks were tasty.

For dinner, I ordered the beer batter calamari along with the fillet steak. It was absolutely gorgeous. I cannot tell you how delicious the food was. My partner had the mackerel pate and the muscles, enjoying them both just as much as I did mine! Throughout the entire evening the staff were incredibly attentive, even when the place got busy!

The only negative I have is that the prices were quite high. However, the food was so good I can only say I was being picky. Definitely the best food of the trip.

1  Thank Carl M
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Came in the closed season yet plenty of people in ... always a good sign
We only had a drink but great welcome and fantastic playlist on the hifi
Food looked good but we didn’t eat

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch here. The food was very pleasant, the staff accommodating and helpful, and the service was speedy. My wife had the crab rarebit, and I had the local fish pie (picture attached). Both were lovely, and plainly freshly made. Would recommend, and would return if local again.

(PS the restaurant is dog friendly downstairs, which is very welcome if it is the stop off point on a walk).

Thanks for a lovely lunch.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

A nice place to eat right on the harbour front. There are tables downstairs or upstairs and it's fairly cosy. Staff are friendly even when you have restless children with you! Great that they had a child's portion of mussels which our 7 year old really enjoyed along with most of his mother's! Also very nice fish and chips. Worth a visit but can get crowded in summer. Parking is at the top of the village.