“Best breakfast”
Review of Beth's Bistro

Beth's Bistro
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: All of our food is homemade and freshly cooked to order. We pride ourselves in sourcing good quality local produce.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Visited here today with my boyfriend to have breakfast, can honestly say it was the best breakfast I have had.

We ordered eggs benedict and the breakfast pancakes. They were both very delicious, and filling. So much care was put into making them and would recommend anyone to visit there.

Such lovely people that work there, always taking care to make sure everything is ok.

If you want a delicious breakfast at a great price, please visit here.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We visited Beth's Bistro recently - initially for a quick morning coffee, and then a couple of days later for lunch. First of all the coffee.....superb, freshly ground and piping hot, and the kid's milkshakes were pretty tasty too. When we stopped for lunch the food was outstanding - a short, sensible menu, everything as fresh as it could be and cooked perfectly. It was such a refreshing change to the pretentious, over-complicated, but poorly executed dishes that seem to be the preserve of most restaurants nowadays. On both occasions the service was superb - flexibility with portion sizes for the kids, and all in a very pleasant and generous atmosphere that Steve and Beth have created. If you're in Dartmouth, don't miss it. If you're in Newcastle......make a special trip!!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were visiting Dartmouth for the day and stopped here for lunch. We had read other reviews so we were expecting a lot. Owners and staff very friendly and helpful.
We both had crab sandwiches. They were beautiful. So fresh! These people take a lot of trouble with the quality of their ingredients and their food. Next time we are in Devon we will pop in again.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Cute little cafe, Dartmouth is a lovely little town, we had popped over for the day on the boat and had a couple of hours to explore.

My husband and I had lunch here, I ordered a panini which on the menu was bacon, brie and cranberry, I asked if it could be changed from bacon to chicken, which the staff were able to accommodate. I also asked if I could have avocado added as well, this was not available so this was my order.

What arrived was a chicken, brie and cranberry panini with a side salad, chips, grapes.

So imagine my surprise when in response to my husbands review on trip adviser:

'You asked for numerous items which were not on our menu and then decided to chop and change ingredients that we felt were not complimentary to each other'.

I asked for these items to be changed, not my husband. He ordered straight off the menu and got exactly what he ordered.

We travel a lot and enjoy good food.
I tried my husband's chicken and it was incredibly dry and stringy, he was being polite when he was asked if everything was ok because he has good manners and we had limited time as we had to get back to the boat and he did not see in what possible way it could be changed as we didn't have time.

My husbands review was mostly complimentary so I was surprised by the response he received.

We write reviews so that businesses get feedback so things can be improved, not for any other reason.

We also regularly read reviews before we book accommodation and often places to eat if we have time.

Our plates were clean because we were hungry and we had to finish quickly to get back to the boat.

Our waitress was very sweet.

4  Thank Rita N
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Good location, clean and organized establishment, friendly service, food quality was poor. I would look elsewhere.

2  Thank Michael H
Beth W, Owner at Beth's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

We are very disappointed that you felt this way about our food quality. We strive to ensure all our food is fresh and of a high standard. You asked for numerous items which were not on our menu and then decided to chop and change different ingredients that we felt were not complimentary to each other. We did our best to accommodate your demanding requests. Our staff asked you during your meal if everything was ok to which you replied "great". Your plates however were clear at the end of your meal.