“Coffee & cake for hot visitors.”

Dartmouth Castle Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Dartmouth
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Seaside tea rooms serving breakfasts, a range of delicious lunches and handmade cakes and goodies! Enjoy whilst gazing out to sea from our inside or outside seating!
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Half way through our visit to the Castle we needed a rest. What better way than coffees and delicious cake. Later on we also had a bottle each of their Lemonade made locally.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My parents ordered 2 full English breakfasts and 2 lattes. I ordered a bacon sandwich. My young son requested a hard boiled egg which wasnt possible so we asked for scrambled eggs with sausages and bread on the side (no butter). My drink arrived before my parents after 20 minutes. Then my parents english breakfasts arrived. No sign of mine or my sons food. My sandwich came out and my sons (he is 4) was last which was hard as my parents had to eat theirs before it got cold. Thier coffees had not come either, the staff said someone else must of claimed them, we suggested a simple raffle ticket system which they said would not work (maybe they disnt understand) we had to send my sons bread back 3 times as he just wanted a plain piece of bread. Not toasted, not buttered. It was very frustrating and a quiet mid week, term time breakfast treat. Not sure why the orders took so long, maybe being cooked one at a time which makes no sense if my parents had bacon and sausages in their breakfast and i ordered a bacon sandwich & sausages for my son surely it would all be cooked togther. We were offered a full refund which we actually declined as the food was delicious it was the sevice that was frustrating. The manager seemed to have an awnser for everything and uninterested in hearing what was so unsatisfactory. Maybe they don't want to improve. I would not recommend the place, it was far too stressful.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My family & I called in to the cafe today for morning coffee. We sat inside as the outside tables were busy. The views are fantastic. Whilst we weren't really hungry we were tempted by the range of cakes on offer. We decided to share 4 different pieces between us & all were delicious. The coffee & service received top marks too. Furthermore our toddler & dogs were made to feel welcome. We will definitely return on our next visit to Dartmouth.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely cream tea before walking down to Sugary Cove, very pleasant and helpful staff, my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the scones, thank you.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee break and was treated warmly and friendly by very busy staff who took the time to be attentive and helpful. The coffee was good and strong great taste.Views were amazing, as expected given the beautiful setting we were surrounded by. Visiting this establishment is a requirement not a whim, the food we saw looked delightful.