“Best Thai food in Devon, with a dedicated vegan menu!”

Jasmine Thai Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 585 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Probably the best feature of Jasmine is its delicious food. Many returning customers just love the fresh-tasting food and the depth of individual flavours. The food is freshly prepared using top quality ingredients (including local, free range and naturally reared meat and eggs) by very experienced Thai Chefs. Vegetarian and Vegan options abound - Vegetarian heaven!The restaurant is deceptively spacious with 80 covers in three distinct areas over two levels. Ideal for romantic dinners for two, small parties as well as large parties up to 50 people.Service, from mainly Thai staff, is friendly and accommodating.
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Thai Jasmine is a truly wonderful restaurant on Exeter's trendy Fore Street. The staff are incredibly friendly, attentive and full of smiles. The decor is tasteful and modern. As a vegan, I absolutely love that the restaurant has a clearly-marked vegan menu for me to choose from. Every dish I've tried here has been delicious, so you can't go wrong really! Whenever we get the urge for Thai food, this is where my wife and I inevitably head. It's not the cheapest, but I feel like the price is commensurate with the quality offered. Definitely the best Thai food I've had in Devon and it easily matches up with places we've eaten at in London and abroad, too. 5 stars and an unreserved recommendation from me!

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Harry D

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Found this restaurant thanks to 'Trip Advisor' and we were not disappointed.Situated on Fore Street (which needs freshening up) we entered the building and I was surprised at the excellent design of the interior.We had not booked but the waitress found a table 'tucked away in a corner' and we ordered wine and then Thai food which was absolutely delicious.The staff were so very friendly and courteous in true Thai fashion.My only question is why is rice served as an extra? I thought that was reserved for big city up market restaurants!Apart from that really excellent all round and we will return next time we visit Exeter.Thank you!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We decided to eat here after trying a few places but all fully booked, we had to wait 5/10 minutes upon arrival for our table to get made up so had a drink at the 'small' bar there.

Service was good and very polite, food arrived quickly after ordering and was of a good standard, albeit i felt rather small portion sizes for the price of the dishes.

Overall nice place and food but a bit pricey.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Arrived on a Saturday without booking to find a very busy restaurant. They fitted us but required the table in an hour, - this wasn't a problem. The ambience was lovely, service was attentive the food some of the best Thai we've eaten, my only gripe is paying extra (£2.50) for a small bowl of boiled rice, is it really such a big deal not to included it with the main course? We ordered 3 different dishes and each one was excellent. I would definitely go again

Reviewed 16 July 2016

This is such a great place - friendly service, great atmosphere, beautiful dining room and a diverse and delicious menu. This was our second visit and we'll definitely be back again. The Sizzling Beef and Banana Fritters are exceptional.

1  Thank robt182