“Home-made Turkish food that will make you want to come back for more”
Review of Dinosaur Cafe

Dinosaur Cafe
Ranked #10 of 568 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 4 March 2017

This is a lovely little cafe that offers home-made Turkish food and makes for a great place to have lunch.

We visited recently and had stuffed vine leaves and two salads and all dishes were very tasty. Much better quality than many other cafe's. The nice thing about it is that it's something different and the owner was exceptionally nice and welcoming.

In fact, we didn't realise it's cash only and it wasn't a problem, we went to a cash machine and came back. That's the only thing you could say, but hopefully my review will help anyone that doesn't need realise it's cash only.

I also had a desert, think it's called a Baklava, very very sweet - but very very nice!

All in all, you can't go wrong, especially if you've walked up from St David's train station - keep walking up the hill and past the college, this cafe is close to the roundabout, on the left-hand side.

Make sure you visit here, prices are also reasonable and you can't go wrong. Top place to eat.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Wonderful Turkish food. Felafel, meze great salds great drinks, great owners. Love it. Well worth coming for a hugely filling meal or light snacks. Wine beer etc. Perfect

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Staying at Premier Inn (less than 10 mins walk away) for visit to University with daughter. Don't mind the Premier Inn restaurants but wanted something bit different and fortunately used Tripadviser. Dinosaur Café looked good.
Well no surprise that the majority of reviews are so positive. Very welcoming owner and staff -who I suspect are family. It is a café rather than restaurant so basic wooden tables are relatively simple menu - but this added to the charm for me. despite it's simplicity there is a good choice. Several different salads, about 6-7 starters and mains and some nice Turkish desserts.
I has the humous and pitta - I suspect homemade and delicious. My daughter had the grilled holoumi. For mains she had the fetefal and I had chicken in a spicy sauce (can't remember name. Both served with rice,green salad and a potatoe/egg salad - again simple but delicious. I had a Turkish pastry with Turkish tea. We both had 2 drinks - total bill just £30-00.Excellent value.
Considering stopping off in Exeter, on way to Cornwall, just to visit again. Only tip - cash only.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I went here with three friends in January for dinner, some of whom were vegetarian, and we had great service above all at what appeared to be a family run business. The food was fresh, healthy and very tasty. I should note that cards are not accepted here, only cash, but the owner was very sweet and happily waited for us to pop to the cash machine or even come back the next day!

1  Thank Rebekah S
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

In Exeter for work, I saw the Dinosaur Cafe online and it was just a short walk from my hotel.
The cafe is pretty basic in terms of decor. However, the service is friendly and unobtrusive and the menu features tasty, well cooked Turkish classics.