“great food and beer”
Review of The Beer Engine

The Beer Engine
Ranked #9 of 567 Restaurants in Exeter
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cosy gastropub and brewery with a covered balcony, tiered garden and a menu of locally sourced British dishes.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Went for the second time, to eat.
Actually I'd love to catch a train to Newton St Cyres, sit out in the summer warmth (when it's summer) try all their beers and gat the train back (but it's not a frequent service).
So it's been food for us and it's great.
They claim it's 'national pie week'. If this is an excuse to sell more pies, bring it on.
I wasn't a pie person but now I'm converted. Delicious!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

8 of us had lunch here a couple of weeks ago for my husbands birthday. A really warm & welcoming pub which opens up into a restaurant round the other side of the bar. Service was really friendly, but the food was the star. We all had something different from pulled pork burgers to the venison steak which I had. But what I loved most was that every part of my food had been thought about. The veg in particular was so tasty and seasonal and I'm a bit of a veg nerd so have high expectations! We also had two children with us and they were really helpful in bringing out their main course with our starters and their dessert with our mains. Will definitely be returning and recommending to all.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The Beer Engine in Newton St Cyres is a really nice pub that brews it’s own beer and provides really good food. The staff are friendly and helpful, attentive without being intrusive. The food is consistently of a very high quality, “home cooking” that is not fussy or pretentious, just really good. Keep up the good work Will and Victoria.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We have had many evening and lunchtime snacks/meals here. The hospitality is spot one. They are friendly and attend to everything you need whether you are inside or out. We love popping out here on a summer evening and eating outside

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We keep coming back to this lovely pub for the warmth of the welcome, the quality of the beer and the delicious food. Proper shortcrust pastry pies, unusual vegetarian dishes, perfect chips and excellent table service.