US$97
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$54
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$69
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Ashgrove House(Plymouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrob suegreat locationrear yardguest housegreat hostsblack puddingb and bbarbican areagin distilleryroyal navylovely couplethe ground floorminute walksmall roomshower gelfree wifihot breakfast
Reviewed 8 September 2016

My wife and I stayed here as we were dropping our son back to uni and refused to pay the astronomical price hike of our more usual Holiday Inn who wanted more than double what we paid here; furthermore, this included breakfast and HI did not. Although I prefer to be more anonymous than B&Bs usually allow, we would stay here again without hesitation. We were late in the day to book so ended up with the smallest double available and it was only semi-en-suite i.e. shower only. The loo and basin were only across the landing but I'm not a fan of that. The room was an adequate space and very well equipped. It was cosy, comfortable and spotlessly clean and fresh. The location is perfect, 2 minutes from The Hoe and 10 minutes from The Barbican if you follow the glorious coastal path. Breakfast, included in the price, offered a great choice and superb quality. Parking is not brilliant unless you drop lucky on a much sought after space. Good free wifi. Sue & Rob's welcome was very friendly and we will return

Room Tip: Fully en-suite
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I booked an overnight stay for a run ashore in Plymouth. From the minute I booked, Rod was in touch by cell phone, to give me details for arrival.

Situated a very short walk from, well, anything really! Apart from the Seagulls, obviously, this fine establishment is in a very quiet location.

On arrival, I was warmly greeted by both Rob and Sue. In all my years of travel, to many parts of the world, this was the sincerest welcome I've ever experienced.

The whole property was spotlessly clean, and had a warm feeling about it. I only booked a single room, but it was more than comfortable. En suite shower, with shower gel, and towels, and a big window to light the room. Plenty of storage space for you luggage, free wifi and TV.

Now the fun part. Breakfast! From the start, it was obvious that Rob is a former member of our Royal Navy, and he keeps traditions alive. The menu is laced with typical Matelot humour, that will raise a smile, even with the uninitiated! 'Hammy Cheesy Eggy Topside', to start your day? Get in!! You can also drink fresh, ground coffee or a selection of Teas, until your back teeth are awash

Parking appears to be a bit of a drama, but they will fix you up with a permit, cheaper than the pay per hour!

I cannot recommend Barbican Reach highly enough. So, if it's business or pleasure, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ChiefBosun
Reviewed 29 August 2016

We are a family of four with two teenagers. I planned a visit to Plymouth to see my mother's ancestral hometown. We stayed one night in the Barbican Reach and were most happy with the experience. The room accommodated all four of us comfortably. Our lodgings were clean and quiet. The real benefit to staying at the Barbican Reach is the hospitality of the proprietors, Rob and Sue. Before we traveled, Rob answered all my questions through email. He explained the family en suite he had available and made an excellent recommendation of a tour company to show us the town. Rob and Sue fed us an excellent breakfast in the morning. We all had a raft. Our food was hot, tasty and satisfying. Overall, we had a wonderful experience at the Barbican Reach. I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We've always wanted to find a B and B we could return to in Plymouth as we're regular visitors and we've now found it!
We stayed here last weekend and were really pleased with the standard of the rooms and the cooked breakfast was excellent without a drop of grease in site!
Beds were really comfortable with lovely fresh linen and showers were strong and hot.
Hosts were attentive but not intrusive.
We'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for front room facing the Hoe.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The location of this guest house is fantastic minutes away from Barbican and shopping areas. The rooms were super clean and nicely presented. The breakfasts are delicious I went for the 'raft' and it was great...stay here and you will understand what that means! If visiting Plymouth stay here.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo