All reviewsrob suegreat locationrear yardguest housegreat hostsblack puddingb and bbarbican areagin distilleryroyal navylovely couplethe ground floorminute walkshower gelfree wifihot breakfastsmall room
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed with the tiny room we stayed in was not worth the price we paid, the view from our window was of the hotels old rubbish,not impressed with that, bed was extremely uncomfortable, had no sleep at all and have backache , bathroom door loose and my daughter caught her finger in it as it wasn't secured properly, clothes hooks above the tea making facility's bit strange no wardrobe for your clothes , breakfast was ok nothing special, I found the owners were ok but a little sarcastic, maybe just my impression, room was clean however, can't fault that! Would not stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank April B
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect small B&B in The Hoe and 50 meters above the Babican. Location, location. Lovely rooms. Very nice breakfast. Most importantly, a very friendly couple run the place and can provide good recommendations as to where to visit in the area.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Even before arrival the good service starts, with a friendly text message reminding you of your booking and the address.

On arrival I was met by s smiling Sue who organised parking and showed me to my room. After a very long drive it was a very pleasant surprise to see the quality of the single en suite room. Everything was spotless, fresh and in good condition.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was nice and quiet. I would happily have had a lay in if it weren't for my schedule!

The breakfast was absolutely delicious. Hot, cooked to order and no long wait from ordering to eating! The black pudding was particularly gorgeous! Rob makes you feel right at home and next time I stay I'll have to give the cheesy hammy eggy a go.

I can't recommend Rob and Sue enough. Friends staying in the larger family rooms also gave excellent feedback over breakfast.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Guest house was excellent, hosts Rob and Sue were very friendly, room was very good and hosts were very helpful. Food was good and you could eat as much as needed.
Location was superb for visiting the Hoe and the Barbican and City Centre was within easy walking distance. Only downside could be parking, but that appears to be an issue for all BB on the Hoe area unless they have private parking.
Would visit again

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017

Rob and Sue run a charming and small B&B with clean, airy rooms - the situation is right by the bars and restaurants on the Barbican so it is the perfect base to so some exploring. The morning breakfast was delicious too

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business