“Raw food, was given SMASH and dirty plates!”

Lockyers Quay Cookhouse & Pub
Ranked #42 of 735 Restaurants in Plymouth
Description: Welcome to Cookhouse + Pub, a fresh take on your pub favourites. Expect everything you know and love, with a few special touches. A place to unwind and feel at home or drop in when you're busy. Open first thing to last orders, every day, with something for everyone - all of that at a price that leaves money in your pocket and a smile on your face!
Reviewed 9 August 2021

Me and my boyfriend and sister in law went here for a late meal as we were hungry and saw good reviews. We were greeted at the door by a friendly man with glasses. We were seated next to a loud group really close however the restaurant was empty with plenty of nicer spaces. We were constantly being pestered every 2 minutes about what food we wanted to order when half their menu wasn’t even available!
The waitress brushed my boyfriend in the face with the menu and then just left our drinks on the table with the tray still lol.
My boyfriend paid an extra £3.50 for a 8oz steak with his mixed grill and received a clearly small 4oz which was clearly overcooked like a leather boot! His chicken was pink and RAW with a disgusting burnt coating on it and his sausages were undercooked like mushy! Not to mention the stale chips.
My order tasted like it had been saved and reheated with my smash tasting like cardboard and being hard! The portion was tiny and my bacon was awful and stringy and the onions were meant to be crispy and were chewy.
We asked to speak to a manager but no one was present, and the nice young lad behind the bar, he offered us a full refund and some drinks as an apology. However, we decided to leave and to not pay as we had not paid.
Will NOT be going here again and don’t recommend for anyone else to unless you want food poisoning.

2  Thank 393missp
Write a reviewReviews (293)

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Visited for a Sunday Roast
To start with we were seated and handed a menu, no sign of a roast on here do we asked. Oh you want a roast I’ll get you the menu. Our drink order was taken and delivered with in a few minutes. After waiting 20 minutes I tried to get a staff members attention to take our order. He’s where the fun begins. We both ordered the £9.99 roast which included pigs in blankets. Within 1 minute of ordering I asked for two side orders of cauliflower cheese, I was told no problem I’ll sort it
Food came out after 35 minutes which I thought was shocking. To be fair the roast looked really nice. Unfortunately that’s where it ended.
I had the beef with peas, long beans, swede mash, parsnips, Yorkie puds and roasts potatoes.
The potatoes were hot that was it. Yorkies we’re ok the rest was warm. Even the gravy was warm. My wife had the Turkey and everything was warm. On her plate no pig in blankets, no parsnips and no Cauliflower cheese for either of us. We asked where the rest of our food was to a reply of I’ll sort it. After half way through our warm roast out came the parsnips on a side plate which looked like road kill.
Then the cauliflower cheese came. They only delivered one tiny bowl and this was shocking. Frozen cauliflower with a bit of melted cheese and definitely microwaved. I didn’t even worry about the other portion as it was so terrible. Obviously we paid an extra 99p for the cauliflower cheese which we both thought was strange.
Our bill came and we were charged £1.99 for pigs in blankets which we never had but were included in the price. On questioning the bill we were told that the cauliflower button on till did not work but the pigs in blankets button did. This was rectified
We overheard customers on the other table complain about the temperature of their food and they were told, “ we have had 3 chefs and bar staff leave” don’t serve food then if you can’t cope.
The restaurant was half empty at best.
This is undoubtedly the worst roast dinner I have ever had. A microwave roast would have been better.
The frustrating thing is we have eaten breakfast here and it’s been excellent.

We actually feel that we have wasted £25 and nearly tee we o hours of our time.
Won’t be rushing back

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Breakfast was amazing we was served by Ethan who had a lovely manner and couldn’t do enough for us. Couldn’t ask for more.

1  Thank jackwS5270TP
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Ethan was a lovely waiter excellent service always smiling couldn’t ask for better. Drinks was fast service.

Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Very poor service. We wasn't greeted at the door despite sign saying wait to be seated and eventually found our own table after waiting 10 mins to be seated and had to ask the waiter to clean our sticky table. Two starters were finished by the time the other two starters came out and only half our order received due to kitchen closing earlier than they should!! The manager on shift tonight (Indian male with glasses) had a disgusting attitude and argued with us even though we hadnt received half of what we ordered. He issued a refund but we left feeling hungry as the kitchen had closed way before 10pm and before we received our sides ordered for main meals! Food was nice but the manager's attitude absolutely stinks!!