“Good all you can eat breakfast, we’ll organised”

Lockyers Quay Cookhouse & Pub
Ranked #42 of 734 Restaurants in Plymouth
Description: Welcome to Cookhouse + Pub, a fresh take on your pub favourites. Expect everything you know and love, with a few special touches. A place to unwind and feel at home or drop in when you're busy. Open first thing to last orders, every day, with something for everyone - all of that at a price that leaves money in your pocket and a smile on your face!
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Great breakfast and friendly service. Had the all you can eat breakfast. Sausages and bacon were good. Lots of things available in the buffet section and staff were helpful when things ran out. Well organised and felt good to be back having an all you can eat breakfast after all this time

1  Thank juliankendell
Write a reviewReviews (273)

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Excellent service and clean environment.

food was more than what we normally get in other restaurants, so many options, no restrictions on how much to eat and very tasty and well presented.

Staff:
Friendly staff, the manager took time to chat to us and offered us all what we needed and more. I even overhead other child from another family saying this is the best breakfast ever, I couldn stop agreeing with him. We wouldn't mind to visit this restaurant again and again. They deserve 100% overall

Well well done to management and team, keep up the good work!!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

I was greeted by the manager Ben who found us a table very quickly. The food options were varied and diverse. I had the classic burger with bacon, my girlfriend had the lasagna and her friend had the gammon steak. Speedy service, was only waiting 20mins for food. When the food came out it look and tasted amazing. Lauren was the sever who brought it out and she was very nice and cheerful when she done it. After we ate the food we ordered dessert with Naomi and she was also cheerful and friendly. Desert was just as speedy as the main food. After we finished eating I had to go find Ben to just thank him for an excellent experience. They all thank us and we left. Will be definitely coming back again.

Reviewed 9 August 2021

Me and my boyfriend and sister in law went here for a late meal as we were hungry and saw good reviews. We were greeted at the door by a friendly man with glasses. We were seated next to a loud group really close however the restaurant was empty with plenty of nicer spaces. We were constantly being pestered every 2 minutes about what food we wanted to order when half their menu wasn’t even available!
The waitress brushed my boyfriend in the face with the menu and then just left our drinks on the table with the tray still lol.
My boyfriend paid an extra £3.50 for a 8oz steak with his mixed grill and received a clearly small 4oz which was clearly overcooked like a leather boot! His chicken was pink and RAW with a disgusting burnt coating on it and his sausages were undercooked like mushy! Not to mention the stale chips.
My order tasted like it had been saved and reheated with my smash tasting like cardboard and being hard! The portion was tiny and my bacon was awful and stringy and the onions were meant to be crispy and were chewy.
We asked to speak to a manager but no one was present, and the nice young lad behind the bar, he offered us a full refund and some drinks as an apology. However, we decided to leave and to not pay as we had not paid.
Will NOT be going here again and don’t recommend for anyone else to unless you want food poisoning.

2  Thank 393missp
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Visited for a Sunday Roast
To start with we were seated and handed a menu, no sign of a roast on here do we asked. Oh you want a roast I’ll get you the menu. Our drink order was taken and delivered with in a few minutes. After waiting 20 minutes I tried to get a staff members attention to take our order. He’s where the fun begins. We both ordered the £9.99 roast which included pigs in blankets. Within 1 minute of ordering I asked for two side orders of cauliflower cheese, I was told no problem I’ll sort it
Food came out after 35 minutes which I thought was shocking. To be fair the roast looked really nice. Unfortunately that’s where it ended.
I had the beef with peas, long beans, swede mash, parsnips, Yorkie puds and roasts potatoes.
The potatoes were hot that was it. Yorkies we’re ok the rest was warm. Even the gravy was warm. My wife had the Turkey and everything was warm. On her plate no pig in blankets, no parsnips and no Cauliflower cheese for either of us. We asked where the rest of our food was to a reply of I’ll sort it. After half way through our warm roast out came the parsnips on a side plate which looked like road kill.
Then the cauliflower cheese came. They only delivered one tiny bowl and this was shocking. Frozen cauliflower with a bit of melted cheese and definitely microwaved. I didn’t even worry about the other portion as it was so terrible. Obviously we paid an extra 99p for the cauliflower cheese which we both thought was strange.
Our bill came and we were charged £1.99 for pigs in blankets which we never had but were included in the price. On questioning the bill we were told that the cauliflower button on till did not work but the pigs in blankets button did. This was rectified
We overheard customers on the other table complain about the temperature of their food and they were told, “ we have had 3 chefs and bar staff leave” don’t serve food then if you can’t cope.
The restaurant was half empty at best.
This is undoubtedly the worst roast dinner I have ever had. A microwave roast would have been better.
The frustrating thing is we have eaten breakfast here and it’s been excellent.

We actually feel that we have wasted £25 and nearly tee we o hours of our time.
Won’t be rushing back