US$97
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$68
Hotels.com
US$85
US$83
  • Breakfast included
Caledonia Guest House(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$64
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsroll top bathwedding breakfastlovely weddingexclusive usewedding receptionclotted creammanor housewembury beachbeautiful hotelnational trustcoastal pathsunday lunchlarge roomfour poster bedsuperior roomlovely roomstayed one night
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. One of my favourites. The super rooms, lovely food and super position never disappoint

A delightful spot - Hidden away and a short walk to the beach

Would be wonderful for a romantic weekend and certainly a lovely wedding venue

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Langdon_Court, Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your five star review! We are so pleased that you had such a lovely stay with us, we are very lucky with our location and lots of our guests regularly walk down to the beach when staying, to explore the stunning coastline.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Langdon Court Hotel

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

My husband booked this accommodation as a surprise to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was also the first time we had left our 8month old baby.

Our welcome at the hotel was very warm and genuine and we were promptly upgraded and offered a choice of room - a lovely gesture!

The room we chose (25) was beautiful, clean and tastefully decorated. I especially liked the freestanding bath overlooking the courtyard and fields - lovely! Beautiful and well maintained gardens.

There is an onsite restaurant, but after looking at the menu, we chose to dine elsewhere. This was obviously a personal decision, and we cannot comment on the quality of the food, but we were reluctant to pay £5 for a side dish of broccoli!
I work in the hospitality/restaurant industry and cannot fathom how broccoli can be marked up at such an extortionate level to £5. I have read other reviews which state the food was very good; so if you have deep pockets and are a bit of a "foodie" then maybe it's worth it!

A point I would particularly like to make to the hotel owner/manager (who hopefully reads these reviews) is that I feel it is not a good first impression on arrival at the hotel to come down the drive to see kitchen staff and other staff members smoking outside the kitchen(?) door. On the 4 occasions we came and went from the hotel, staff were smoking, in their uniforms. At least they should be wearing a coat to prevent smoke coming into contact with their workwear.

Breakfast was very nice - we both opted for the full English. The 2 waiting staff (sorry didn't get names but morning of 22/11) were very attentive, well presented and friendly - thank you!
However, the cereal, juices, yoghurts and pastries were all tidied away at 09:10, before We had had chance to have any and no one asked if we had had sufficient. The price of the breakfast included the cooked breakfast and continental but neither my husband or I had the opportunity to sample the continental items - which is a shame as they looked delicious!

I would return to this hotel and have recommended it to others. I hope this review has been helpful to the owners/management and whilst it obviously includes opinion, I hope my comments (particularly re smoking) can be taken onboard.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah S
Langdon_Court, Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a in depth review of your experience at Langdon Court Hotel. It helps us identify any problem areas and ensures we can pick up any issues immediately.
Unfortunately we were going through a transition period between head chefs when you stayed with us, however our new Chef Dan has settled in and has created a very exciting menu. This has many options that will appeal to everyone.
Thank you for highlighting the issue with smoking around the side of the kitchen, we do have a designated smoking area away from the building and staff are instructed to remove their uniform when having a cigarette, we will bring this to the attention of the team and ensure that our protocols are being followed at all times.
I do apologise for the continental breakfast being cleared away before you had a chance to sample it, I will also bring this up with our breakfast team to ensure it doesn't happen again to any of our guests.
I am heartened to hear that you had a lovely time at Langdon Court we are always striving to improve, so thank you for such constructive critique, and we do hope we will see you again at Langdon Court Hotel
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 November 2017

After having our booking for a month, they cancelled our visit within 48 hours of our arrival. Reason . . . A Wedding Party not written in the book ! Extremely poor customer treatment. Spoiling a family birthday celebration.
Do not book here . . . very risky.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Fisherparty
Langdon_Court, Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

I can only apologise sincerely for the administration error that led to your booking being cancelled. I can assure you this has never happened before, and we would really like the chance to make amends with you and your family directly.
Customer service is at the heart of our family run business and regrettably we made a mistake,we hope that after talking to you directly we will be able to prove we really care about each and every one of our guests. And again I'am deeply sorry about our mistake

Reviewed 16 November 2017

The hotel is very nice, surrounded by nature.The rooms are tiny but cozy. We had a very nice breakfast outside in the sun. We did have to wait a bit long for our dinner, but the food was good. Staff was very friendly. Finding to the room was a bit complicated, regarding all the floors, steps and turns we had remember.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Langdon_Court, Manager at Langdon Court Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay,
Our rooms do come in all shapes and sizes, which add to the character of the hotel, and our prices, reflect the size of each room but as you mentioned they are all cozy. I will pass on your comments to our kitchen team, we are always looking for ways to improve and ensure that everything is perfect for our guests.
We really hope to see you again soon here at Langdon Court.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night(last night) and had the 5 course tasting menu. Great suite and awesome food - the chef deserves to be heavily complimented and really great service from Kayleigh on front of house, she was so sweet and made us feel special. Thank you Kayleigh, Mr Chef, the young man behind the bar and the top lady who dealt with the bill this morning. We want to return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for giving us such a fantastic five star review. Our whole team works really hard here to ensure everything is perfect for our guests, and it really means a lot to get such positive feedback. I will pass on your lovely complements to both Kayleigh and our chef from that evening, Simon.
We hope to see you again soon at Langdon Court