“Birthday Meal”
Review of Grosvenor Casino

Grosvenor Casino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grosvenor Casino Plymouth is a vibrant and diverse leisure destination which boasts an a la carte restaurant, late night bar and a comprehensive gaming experience. We have numerous Roulette (including electronic terminals), Blackjack & Poker tables, plus popular Slot machines to ensure all your gaming needs are met for all level of player. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went to the casino for a birthday meal on the 28th March, meal was great, service was great Elena I think ! Overall a great night thanks Grosvenor.

Megan N, F&B Manager at Grosvenor Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your review! I am extra happy to see this as the lovely Elena was helping us out that day, we were short staffed, she usually works on the gaming tables. So I will pass on your comments, and I hope to see you again soon

All reviews
"tuition"
"slots"
"cocktails"

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Honestly the best casino I've been to for service and the atmosphere is great too. Ever when I lose here I leave in a good mood. I will be back!

Megan N, F&B Manager at Grosvenor Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hello

Thank you, what a lovely review! I will look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that you win next time!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Visited this Casino to take part in a poker tournament. There is parking at the rear £4 for six hours. It not a large Casino but has plenty of slots and all the usual tables. The staff are friendly and helpful, drinks both soft and alcoholic are reasonably price. They have a great food menu and what I had was cooked well with good portions. The Casino is very clean especially the toilets. They have lots going on at this Casino Special nights with entertainment. Would recommend this Casino as they made me feel very welcome.

Megan N, Food and Beverage Manager at Grosvenor Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi Suzi

Glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit with us, and thank you very much for the informative review!

Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Came with my friends and decided to order myself a drink at the bar. Was originally going to go for a beer but was intrigued when I noticed they had a cocktail menu. I decided to order an old fashioned, but was quite shocked when the server went to shake the whiskey, so stopped her and asked for it stirred instead. She seemed quite confused and ended up serving me a shot of whiskey with 2 sugars undissolved at the bottom. I sat on it for about 5 minutes feeling a little embarrassed as i didnt want to cause a fuss, but eventually I tried to ask one of the servers for a refund as I wasnt happy with my drink. This was followed by an interegation from the shift manager and the girl who originally served me asking why I wasnt happy with the drink, being shown repeatedly a cheat sheet that said its supposed to be made like that, which I personally new was wrong as an old fashioned is never shaken. I was then offered another drink instead of a refund, so ended up paying the price of a cocktail for an interegation, and a bottle of beer.

Simply put, don't out cocktails on your menu if you dont know how to make them to avoid any party being offended.

Megan N, F&B Manager at Grosvenor Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Hi there

Firstly let me apologise you were unhappy with both the service and the drink. Our specs do call for us to serve the cocktail shaken, which I know is not the traditional way to make this drink, and that the menu does not specify that it is not made in this way, which I can pass onto Head Office to possibly specify on the next menu.

We should have been able to make it for you in the way you wished, to be honest I cannot remember having to do this for anyone as it is not a big seller on the menu, so I think the girl who served you had probably never come across this. This I know is a poor excuse, and I will look at doing a refresher course with those cocktails on the menu we sell few of.

I can only assume that the interrogation was to try and understand what was wrong with it in order to fix it, but again I am sorry if you felt this was not the reason for the questioning. I did speak to the supervisor on shift who told me she did offer you a full refund of the drink, after you voiced your view about the beer not being the same price, but you declined.

Thank you for the feedback and I shall look into the training as mentioned