“Great Cod and chips”

Ernesettle Fish and Chips
Ranked #288 of 781 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I hadn't used this chippy for a quite a while, was actually heading to West Park to buy Cod and chips. Traffic was heavy so decided to go into Ernesettle. So glad i did, Cod was cooked to perfection with a thin layer of batter and not at all greasy. Chips not greasy either. Will defo use again but will buy the large Cod next time hoping it will be just as good. Staff very friendly, there was a small queue but that is a good sign to me that food is good. Just order what you want on entry so there is no delay when you get to the check out.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Well based on the few limited good reviews i went well out of my way to come here.
Had a very under sized portion of very average quality chips which i paid full sized money for. The cod was ok as was the batter but nothing special . There are plenty of decent chip shops in Plymouth where you will get a normal decent portion of fish and chips for less than i paid.
This was not worth the effort, I wont be returning .

1  Thank rob g
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Had tea here staff were very friendly and lovely Fish & Chips just enough good price however you can go large on fish and chips not Greasy or Oily definitely Recommend ..

Reviewed 19 May 2016

I don't normally write reviews, but the fish and chips in honicknowle are the best I have had for a long time. reminds me of my childhood when people cared what they produced. You've got it spot on quality fantastic,service great ,keep up with the quality . will be down to end of month for more.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

I travel quite a bit with my work and when we moved to ernesettle and found this fish and chip shop we were very impressed, the portion size is fantastic and it tastes great, also the curry sauce is amazing.
The staff are always friendly and helpful, would highly recommend.