“25/7/2016 DISGUSTING, RAW FOOD.”

Ranked #451 of 786 Restaurants in Plymouth
Reviewed 26 July 2016

After a day out, family starving. Against my advice they went down. What they brought back was basically raw, we couldn't put a knife through the chips. They looked as though they were dipped in oil, then taken out, most were black with bad bits, yuk. Daughter went back and complained, saying it was raw and tasted vile, those that tasted, me included, has as horrible taste in our mouths all night. Really think this place either needs better cook or closing down. I wanted to make a complaint and get them reported, absolute disgrace!!!!!

2  Thank Susan P

Reviewed 1 July 2016

We recently had fish and chips from Thank Cod Its Friday which is now under new management, unfortunately the fish and chips were very poor. The fish may of been of a good size, but the oil was dirty and the chips very brown. Food was very greasy and we had to throw most of it away.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

My partner and I visited this fast food venue as recommended by a friend. We are both gluten intolerant so don't really have a lot of choice when it comes to fast food
The fish was prepared for us as we chatted to the staff they were very friendly and helpful also very switched on about cross contamination and the issues with gluten so we felt at ease we were not disappointed in the meal the fish was crispy and you get an abundance of chips for your money all in all a very enjoyable experience

Reviewed 7 May 2016

What a lovely surprise this place was. My partner said that a colleague had mentioned it as his daughter is coeliac. They of course sell regular food but the fact that they offer gluten free is a massive bonus to us. The owner? is a very helpful and friendly guy - the cod was battered and fried in front of us in a dedicated fryer and was so delicious. He mentioned to us that they also offer a delivery service which is excellent - he also said that he'd make GF chicken nuggets etc in future if we wanted them. We are so pleased to have found this little hidden gem and can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

This is my local chippy, literally 1 minutes walk away from our home. The portions are great, but have got smaller recently. I really wish they were open more lunch times though, and did chicken too.

1  Thank Susan P