“Love it”

Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in a prime location of Plymouth historic Barbican, Arribas Restaurant is unusual in the fact that we have 2 venues under one Sombrero! Arribas is the place to go for authentic Mexican cuisine - to suit all tastes! We specialise in large parties, whether it be a meal in Arribas restaurant or a buffet upstairs in the Havana bar. We can accommodate up to 90 persons comfortably. The Havana Bar (above Arribas) is the ideal venue to host your party. The perfect place for pre- and post- dinner drinks in Arribas Restaurant. Let us cater for your special occasion with a choice from our buffet menus in an ambient setting. For exclusive use, or reserved areas, please ask a member of staff for details.
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The staff remember you and are really friendly and polite. The food is amazing. We had the Beef steak chilli and it was easily the best I have ever had. Big thick cubes of steak with a bowl shaped pile of rice and tortilla chips. The food is amazing and the prices are very good too. A bar upstairs and the staff make it really good there. Great atmosphere and perfect for couples, groups and work meals. Amazing ☺

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

What an absolute gem. We had a surprise birthday party 60 people there and the staff and food was excellent. A great evening was had by all. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I am not a fan of spicy food but some friends convinced me this is a great restaurant so I went along reluctantly, I can honestly say I was extremely impressed, the menu is varied and caters to all tastes, staff are friendly and attentive, the food is delicious and portion sizes very generous, a delightful, colourful restaurant I will definitely return to.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The only reason I am giving two stars rather than one is because
1 - The staff work really hard thoug many of them look flustered and rushed and I don't think this is their fault
2 - The starter (halloumi) wasn't bad.

These were the only half-good points. I ordered seafood pilaf which was advertised as:

"Scallops, king prawns, calamari and salmon, panfried with our homemade vegetable pilaf rice and served with tortilla chips & fresh basil sauce"

What I got was: A bowl of boring and predictable-tasting stodgy mildly spiced rice which contained precisely: ONE semi-rubbery squid ring, ONE scallop the size of a pound coin (eg: the smallest scallop I have ever seen), ONE piece of salmon the size of an old 50p piece and three diminutive 'king' prawns. On the side was a handful of smallish and thin tortilla chips with a bowl of bright RED sauce that had no flavour of fresh basil what-so-ever. For £15!!

Plus beer horribly overpriced at over £4.40 a 500ml bottle.

2  Thank Mel R
Reviewed 13 February 2017

First visit to this restaurant and certainly won't be the last! The place itself is very clean and full of charm. Could not fault the staff - especially the delightful waitress we had. (Unlike my experiences at another local Mexican chain restaurant she did not mind me sending her away twice before deciding what I wanted to order) I tried a couple different drinks from the cocktail options and they were so tasty. My husband also really enjoyed his red wine. The food was delicious. For starter we had the scallops and nachos. We also really enjoyed our main meals. I had the Chicken and Chorizo kebabs and he went with the Chimachangas. All of the dishes came well presented and were full of flavour. The portion sizes were so big we couldn't even manage dessert. Would really recommend this to anyone who is looking for a decent Mexican in Plymouth.