“Great Food!”
Review of Simla Spice

Simla Spice
Ranked #85 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Ok, I have dined here before, but my last visit recently (June 28) was my birthday, so I believe an update is worthwhile.

Last visit we had the selection of food from ‘The Banqueting ‘ menu, lovely it was too, but could not finish it and ended up bringing the rest home in a doggy bag, but it never tastes as good the following day!
So, we chose poppadoms and pickles to start, and mains and rice to follow.
They do a chutney that consists of carrots and coconut, and my wife and daughter loved it, I prefer the lime pickle and onion salad!

Service was attentive but not intrusive, and food was prompt in arriving.

The girls had ‘Ladies’ curries , King prawn Makhani, and Lamb Passanda, and I had Lamb Tikka Bhuna, served Madras hot, with extra coriander, plus Vegetable and Egg Fried Rice.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dishes!
Wife had red wine, but daughter and I had the draught lager, Kingfisher I think!

I was the only one to want pudding, after all it was my birthday, so I had an old favourite that I’d not eaten for years, Kulfi (Indian ice cream)

I regularly collect my take away food from here, and I can’t see me changing that, yes, I have tried other places nearby, but ther has to be a reason why I/we keep coming back here right?

Highly recommended!

PS, I was not able to rate the food or value section below, but they would get 5/5

1  Thank Craig S

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We came on a Sunday for the lunchtime buffet. There was barely anyone there!! Which was great for us, meant there were no queues. Food delicious!!! The only let down was the slow table service for drinks, had to go up to the stand to ask for another drink. Would definitely go back. Good price too.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I live only a few hundred yards from this restaurant but have always favoured the Indian on the other side of the road. Had a bad experience recently there so tried Simla Spice for the first time in 3 years. Hugely impressed! Lovely bright decor with nice furnishings. Very wide ranging menu & really attentive waiters. Food was terrific (starter, 2x mains, rice & paratha plus a couple of drinks for £35). I think we've now decided that Simla Spice will be our local now.

1  Thank Uncompromiser3
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Even on a quiet Monday the service & quality was first class, waited a little longer than normal for main course but well worth it, will use again .

1  Thank SeanandEileen
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Visited 2nd June. Although the place was half empty the service was very slow. My partner ordered Butter chicken but what was served was not as ordered. Called the waiter over to complain and he came over with we can only assume the manager and tried to argue back at us. Will never return and suggest you don't either!