Haytor Hotel(Torquay)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$230
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmeadfoot beachcream tea on arrivalspecial weekendweekend breaksunday lunchcourse dinnerpremium roomsea viewlovely gardencheese and biscuitslovely friendly hotelwaiting staffhalf boardlittle gemwell stocked barbar pricesbus stop
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We were greeted with the news that there was a cream tea for us when we were ready! The room was clean, staff friendly and food very good. The hotel is in a very quiet part of the town but only a short distance from a beach.
Aswe don't have a car we had to rely on the hourly bus service but the stop is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a cosy room which doesn't have a chair.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017

On arrival we were made very welcome with a Devon cream tea, really tasty. Our room was large, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Staff were polite, friendly and very professional. Every meal of our four day stay was wonderful, varied menu, very generous portions and delicious, I think we all gained a few pounds. I can only praise and recommend this hotel as one of the best I've ever stayed in. Just go try it, you won't be disappointed. My recommendation excellent

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We stayed in a cosy room on a midweek break.
Room was warm and clean all you need
5 course evening meals were impressive and an excellent choice for both the evening meals and breakfasts which were also excellent.
Staff were polite,attentive and efficient.Nice garden to sit in outside must be lovely in the summer.Overall we were greatly impressed especially for the cost and we will definitely return again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2017

The hotel and location were lovely. Quite intimate and cosy. I was travelling alone and felt very comfortable sitting in the lounge and bar by myself. All the other guests were very friendly too. Such a short walk to Meadfoot beach (about a 2 minute walk!) And took me only about 13 minutes to walk into Torquay town/harbour.
I was upgraded from a single to double room on my arrival (without even asking!) which I thought was lovely.
The radiator in my room didn't work properly, but I was given a plug in radiator/heater which gave off lots of heat and kept me very warm and toasty, and as i was only there for two nights i said no need to send someone in to fix it, so was not a problem.
Breakfast was really lovely. Couldn't fault that at all.
I hope to stay there again one day! And hopefully next time the weather will be warmer and dryer - so I can sit out and enjoy the lovely garden more. (you can see the sea from the garden!)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Went to this hotel Monday 20th
Until Friday the 24 .
Great family hotel. We got to the hotel after our friends. They were shown their Room and help with their cases.
We had a cream Tea together.
Then we went up to our room.
I booked 3 double cosy room with sea views . All the room were clean and tidy . Plenty of tea & coffee .
Lovely white soft Towels. And the bed was just right . For all of us .
Food was great . Breakfast was help your self . Then you order your cooked Breakfast. What ever you wanted . Evening was 5 course . Which is what you order . And plenty of choices. For each Course.
Drink price were Average. Pub price . Other people staying here. All had good things to say about it all . There were. 6 couples who all said they be back .
Fantastic 5 Day for £150.00.
You could not go wrong