Trinity Mews
  • Restaurant
The Imperial Torquay(Torquay)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsparking permitgreat locationsofa bedapartment was cleanfully equipped kitchensteep hillwashing machinelovely appartmenthouse managerself cateringpots and panscentral locationyour doorstepcoat hangershole in the wallthese apartmentsmod cons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Parking is free overnight near the property. We were arriving late and had several families sharing two apartments, had asked for extra parking permits which they said they would provide and then didn't, wasted time chasing around to get tickets only to find we could park free for,the time we were there! Property nice and convenient, bit tired with decor, both bathrooms in properties could do with having their damp problems solved, paint peeling on the ceilings etc. More than 1 tea towel in the kitchen would have been useful and a washing up cloth we thought would have been provided! We were only there overnight but if wanting to stay close to Torquay centre but be out of the noise situation is great.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We stayed in apartment 30 for 10 nights and for the price it was good. However, we did come across a few problems. When we arrived we noticed mould above the coat hangers, paint hanging down from above the shower, the washing machine was broken and the overall cleanliness was quite poor. The dishes all had a brown slime/grease on them.

However, we raised these issues straight away and these were dealt with quickly which we were very greatful for. On the other hand, these things should have been sorted before we arrived.

We also suspect that there were bed bugs as I was bitten really badly on my legs and after looking further into it they are like bed bug bites.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefanie C
Plumholidays, Owner at Trinity Mews, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

We are really sorry that not everything was not to its usually high standard. We have made a number of changes since this booking to ensure that problems of this nature are not repeated.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The mews cottages are well located behind the harbour in Torquay. There are 3 or 4 very good restaurants within 200 yards. Many other fish and chip and burger outlets also. The cottages are arranged around a courtyard. Our cottage was clean and reasonably well equipped. Surprisingly for a holiday cottage there was no corkscrew! 1 point off the review for this alone. Communication prior to arrival was very poor. You need one code for the gate and another code for the key safe. We didn't understand the Email which we eventually got out of the owners and thought the safe code was for a safe inside the building. When we tried to contact the Housemanager at 4 p.m. there was no answer on either of the mobile phone numbers we were given. When we eventually got inside there were no parking permit vouchers. This is critical in Torquay as the Traffic Wardens are extremely efficient. Eventually our travel agent sorted it all out for us over the phone but it made our arrival very stressful.

Room Tip: Apartment 15 is outside the courtyard with front door onto the street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Had a great break at torquay the weather was kind to us, trinity mews was just the sort of accommodation we like, parking can be a bit of an issue but once we got a space we caught the bus into Brixham and paignton .

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Car parking was a pain if you can't get space outside
I paid extra for leisure card for us and when I got there we were given wrong card And had issues with that
Got charged twice for our stay and left me short n I spent the day in the bank trying to sort it out myself as the manager of company decided to try blame me with an issue which was resolved before we come down which was with a different bank card! I think they need to work on customer service wasn't great at all they never returned my call from the morning and waited to email me at the end of the day! didn't even apologise to me for the situation what had happened!
We stayed in apartment 9 bunk bed bottom step was already broken n very squeaky
Apartment was big
main bedroom needs a bit of a clean under the bed but apart from that all ok
The hill walking up to the apartment was a bit steep so if you do struggle it will be hard for you
The only good thing I can say is about the location which is good you are right near everything and the security of it is good aswell
I'm not the kind to give bad review but I just feel for the price what we paid and the problem we had etc caused me to not enjoy my time away as I couldn't do anything coz of the money etc
We often visit Torquay and I will not be returning here
I hope that no one else has the same problem as us
An apology wouldn't of hurt

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Plumlocations, Owner at Trinity Mews, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

We were very sorry to hear this guests stay was interrupted with sorting out her bank balances but I dont believe this was anything to do with our payment arrangements.