Beverley Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$104
  • Pool
Burleigh House(Torquay)(Great Value!)
All reviewswithin walking distancefamily roompleasant stayroom was cleanmaureenbreakfastluggage
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on and off for 8 weeks while I was on placement for my nursing training.

Nothing was too much trouble for Maureen and David - neither are rude in any way, shape or form.

I'm not from the area and David was extremely helpful in giving me directions (and parking the car! Parking isn't my strong point..)

Maureen makes the most lovely breakfasts and even joined me for a pub evening meal a few times.

My room was just what I needed and was cleaned beautifully everyday.

I've made two good friends and definitely intend to return should I be placed in Torquay again :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We stayed at the Beverley hotel in Torquay for a week in August 2016 and we really enjoyed the town and the surrounding areas. The breakfast in the hotel was quite good with a reasonable selection and the proprietors Maureen and Dave were friendly and helpful. The only complaints we had were the size of the bedroom, which was very small, and that there was no lounge to relax in as the bedroom was too small for that purpose.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

When booking on the phone i waa told it was a small double room, however on arrival it was a shoe box!!! I took my little boy with me and there was no where to sit and watch tv no lounge area avaliable to guests. Also no parking avaliable!! Breakfast is made for children, a tiny shot glass of orange juice and very slow service. The man was also not helpfull and made the stay very akwared. We even cut the holliday short due to the room size as we didnt feel asif we could speak to the landords regarding our problems. Neadeless to say... DONT STAY, unless of course you want to sleep in a tiny bed and room and have no were to sit with children and have a childs breakfast with one shot of orange juice!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Lindz W
Reviewed 18 August 2016

The Beverley hotel is a small family run business , where the aim is customer satisfaction. We stayed there for 5 nights and the stay was by far more comfortable than a hotel of a large chain . The breakfast was just what we needed in the morning to get us through the morning (and the day).
The owners went out of their way to make the stay as satisfying as possible .
I will Definately rebook there again and recommend friends to do the same .

Room Tip: Excellent location , a few minutes walk from the beachfront
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed with Maureen and Dave for 6 days as I was training for a job in Torquay, and I can honestly say without a doubt they are the most attentive and welcoming people I have every stayed with (that's including some relatives!). Perfect location from the beach and town, about a 10 minute walk with a scenic option! My bed was made every day, towels cleaned on request, and my room was freshened up daily! Breakfast was lovely, served very promptly, the place had a lovely atmosphere and is very well kept! No ask was to much. Most of all though the hosting was amazing, nothing felt forced and although I was away from home I felt so welcomed and comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back and visit! Thank you Maureen and Dave for making my stay in Torquay memoriable! And thank you again for making the journey to town to bring me my phone charger! You guys are brilliant! Would and will HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo