All reviews double bed attic room tea or coffee lovely couple other hotels maureen cereal breakfast bedding harbour
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for the weekend and from start to finish nothing was too much for the lovely couple that ran it. They were very helpful, everywhere was clean and tidy. Breakfast was great and included in the price. It was in walking distance of ths town. We had a great weekend and will be back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Just returned from an over night stay at the beverly and everything was good. The proprietors David and Maureen were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is what I would call a tradition b& b not no boutique or characterless premier inn. We stayed in a family room for 4 and yes the rooms are small but we managed fine we were there to sleep not sit around watching TV or socialised so suited us fine, it had everything we needed was clean and beds comfy. The breakfast was lovely just the right size and we'll cooked. Overall a pleasant stay and great value for money at £90 for a family of 4 anyone who complains maybe should lower there expectations or pay more .

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We arrived after a very long, hot drive and were greeted by David, who helped us in with our luggage and showed us where to park the car. Our room was exactly as described - small double. Yes was tiny but it was perfect for what we needed in a one night stay. The town an beach are all within walking distance, yes you get a bit of street/traffic noise but that was to be expected given the location. It didn't stop us sleeping! We met the landlady, Maureen at breakfast and she couldn't have been warmer or more accommodating. They let us use their parking space for the following morning so we could explore. It is a traditional seaside B&B, nothing more, nothing less. Would recommend any time.

Room tip: The breakfast room is downstairs in an airy basement, so be aware of accessibility.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on and off for 8 weeks while I was on placement for my nursing training.

Nothing was too much trouble for Maureen and David - neither are rude in any way, shape or form.

I'm not from the area and David was extremely helpful in giving me directions (and parking the car! Parking isn't my strong point..)

Maureen makes the most lovely breakfasts and even joined me for a pub evening meal a few times.

My room was just what I needed and was cleaned beautifully everyday.

I've made two good friends and definitely intend to return should I be placed in Torquay again :)

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We stayed at the Beverley hotel in Torquay for a week in August 2016 and we really enjoyed the town and the surrounding areas. The breakfast in the hotel was quite good with a reasonable selection and the proprietors Maureen and Dave were friendly and helpful. The only complaints we had were the size of the bedroom, which was very small, and that there was no lounge to relax in as the bedroom was too small for that purpose.

Date of stay: August 2016