Haytor Hotel(Torquay)
US$113
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$127
US$115
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$121
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$84
US$100
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$197
US$120
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

US$96
Agoda.com
US$74
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble bedwithin walking distancefamily roomtea or coffeeshower roomlovely couplepleasant stayother hotelsmaureencerealbeddingbreakfastluggage
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Before I start this review I would like to state that Maureen was absolutely wonderful and she really made us feel welcome. Her husband however was a different story- if he wasn't coughing or spluttering over the breakfast and serving it with nicotine stained fingers, he was acting extremely awkward. He often spoke over his wife which I found rude. He also cleaned the rooms in the same outfit in which he served breakfast in which means he was carrying bacteria and his own sweat as he wore the same outfit the following morning!! The breakfast which was beautifully cooked by Maureen was ruined by her husbands constant coughing and the flies in the basement! Unfortunately for us breakfast served on a child's plate with 14 beans 1 tinned tomato 1 sausage and 2 bacon didn't quite set us up for our day. There was no fruit and yoghurt and when asked about hash browns or black pudding his answer was simply 'NO' He also tried to guess our breakfast every morning without giving us chance to change our mind and it just wasn't very polite. Maureen however was so friendly and attentive I felt sad to leave her. It is quite clear her husband doesn't read the reviews on here as other guests have encountered the same problems back in 2014!!!! The room was okay I wasn't bothered about the authentic style of it as it was traditional my only concern was when the toilet flushed it let off a foul sewage smell!! But for an OCD sufferer like myself it's not ideal to have someone coughing over your breakfast or touching your toast with yellow fingers or even serving breakfast in the same clothes they've just been cleaning toilets in. It's a real shame because had Maureen manage it on her own it would have been an ideal stay! People skills and hygiene definitely needs improving on his behalf!! Probably wouldn't stay here again as we're lucky we've not all come down with chest infections!! Had I have paid at the end of the stay I would have refused the full £680 it cost for the week and probably offered £200 as the rooms were slightly below standard, the breakfast was TINY and served unhygienically and there was zero entertainment or even a lounge area to relax in. There's a bar where they have breakfast but no ones ever in it I think it's just for show. So unfortunately this is a no go.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for the weekend and from start to finish nothing was too much for the lovely couple that ran it. They were very helpful, everywhere was clean and tidy. Breakfast was great and included in the price. It was in walking distance of ths town. We had a great weekend and will be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Just returned from an over night stay at the beverly and everything was good. The proprietors David and Maureen were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is what I would call a tradition b& b not no boutique or characterless premier inn. We stayed in a family room for 4 and yes the rooms are small but we managed fine we were there to sleep not sit around watching TV or socialised so suited us fine, it had everything we needed was clean and beds comfy. The breakfast was lovely just the right size and we'll cooked. Overall a pleasant stay and great value for money at £90 for a family of 4 anyone who complains maybe should lower there expectations or pay more .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We arrived after a very long, hot drive and were greeted by David, who helped us in with our luggage and showed us where to park the car. Our room was exactly as described - small double. Yes was tiny but it was perfect for what we needed in a one night stay. The town an beach are all within walking distance, yes you get a bit of street/traffic noise but that was to be expected given the location. It didn't stop us sleeping! We met the landlady, Maureen at breakfast and she couldn't have been warmer or more accommodating. They let us use their parking space for the following morning so we could explore. It is a traditional seaside B&B, nothing more, nothing less. Would recommend any time.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is downstairs in an airy basement, so be aware of accessibility.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on and off for 8 weeks while I was on placement for my nursing training.

Nothing was too much trouble for Maureen and David - neither are rude in any way, shape or form.

I'm not from the area and David was extremely helpful in giving me directions (and parking the car! Parking isn't my strong point..)

Maureen makes the most lovely breakfasts and even joined me for a pub evening meal a few times.

My room was just what I needed and was cleaned beautifully everyday.

I've made two good friends and definitely intend to return should I be placed in Torquay again :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business