All reviewsalfa travelalfa coachharbour viewbuckfast abbeychef's specialsthe hotel managerturkey and tinselcoach partiesgreat holidayhotel is situatedthe hotel is cleancouldn't do enougheach eveningfantastic locationnothing too much troublewaiting staffshort stay
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Third visit this year and as always a fabulous welcome for Bartek the manager and his team. Nothing is too much trouble for them, the whole team offer outstanding customer service. Great food, location. Looking forward to our next visit. Highly recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank janelb28
Bartek M, General Manager at The Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear janelb28
Thank you for a wonderful feedback, and a 5 star review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Regina Hotel in Torquay. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights beginning 14. 10. 2017. On the last night of our stay we were 10 minuets late for our meal due to unforeseen circumstances.
On our arrival in the dining room we were told that we could not have a starter because of our lateness, all the starters that were left had been thrown out.
I went and spoke to the manager who told me it was our fault for being late,which I thought was very rude,as he didn’t bother to ask why we were late, all he could say was “you were late so you can’t have a starter “
The manager was treating us like naughty children and as a punishment denied us a starter.
We are not naughty children we are responsible adults.
The reason for our lateness was due to me having a very bad chest infection which caused a bout of coughing from which I needed time to recover before going into the dining room, but neither the waiteror the manager bothered to ask the reason for our lateness.
So beware if you use this hotel DO NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR MEAL OR YOU WILL NOT GET IT.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TerryS2428

Dear Terry S

I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell during your stay at the hotel.
We have phones in all of our bedrooms to enable our guests to contact reception.
If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact me directly at the hotel.
I hope this didn't spoiled your holiday, after all you are a regular guest at the Regina Hotel, in the meantime see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Booked our holiday through Alfa coach tours, very good journey there and back. The hotel is on the sea front, about 30ft from the marina, terrific views and minutes from the shops. Good varied menu each day, 3courses .and plenty of choice to suit everyone. We had a sea view room which we paid extra for but well worth it. Some parts of the decor were a little tired but not so noticeable. The staff were very good, service was excellent and the meals were well presented. We have booked up again for another visit to a wonderful place next year.

Room Tip: Room 65, 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raymond s
Bartek M, General Manager at The Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Raymond s
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time at the Hotel.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel bit tired could do with updating.Food was very good and staff in restaurant very good.Cleaning not very good we were there for a week and the pillowcases never got changed as there were marks on mine still there when we left. Last night when I went to bed I pulled the duvet back and the sheet underneath was all crumpled the way I left it so she never even made the bed.In a good position for the shops and bars.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benjamin700

Dear Benjamin700
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
I'm happy to hear that you have found our food very good and staff as well.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Weds 27/9/17 until 1/10/17 - Great little hotel.
This little gem of a hotel caters for all.
We had a sea view room with good bathroom facilities and the main bedroom was very clean and spacious.
Tea and coffee making is in the room - When ever the brew making items where running low the staff always replenished.
The hotel is across from the gorgeous harbour and on the road into the town centre.
I can recommend a trip on the steam railway to Dartmouth - Brilliant.
Weather was good for October.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Deltic10

Dear Deltic10
Thank you for a wonderful feedback, and a 5 star review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Regina Hotel in Torquay.
I hope to see you again in the near future.