“Trip to Brixham”
Review of The Regina Hotel

The Regina Hotel
Ranked #50 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 3 November 2017

This was our third trip to Torquay and have always found it lovely, however this time we were shocked to see homeless people sleeping in the shop doorways,we always like a walk out after dinner and call in the pub for a drink,this is when we saw them,we were never approach by them but it made us feel uncomfortable,we never saw them during the day,one evening we were late down for dinner ( we have never been late in all the years we have been) my husband had a cold which went to his chest and he had a bad cough,which started just before we were due down for dinner hence the reason we were late,we were told we could not have a starter as we were 10 mins late,I could not believe it,my husband went to see the manager and got the answer you were 10 mins late so no starter, never asked why,it was like being a child sent to sit on the naughty step, didn't get much sympathy from Alfa but that didn't surprise us,as of now we will never again return to the Regina in Don't use the internet as you will be bogged down with spam because it's corrupted.

Room Tip: Room 29 twin with marina view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patespellman

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Third visit this year and as always a fabulous welcome for Bartek the manager and his team. Nothing is too much trouble for them, the whole team offer outstanding customer service. Great food, location. Looking forward to our next visit. Highly recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank janelb28
Bartek M, General Manager at The Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear janelb28
Thank you for a wonderful feedback, and a 5 star review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Regina Hotel in Torquay. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights beginning 14. 10. 2017. On the last night of our stay we were 10 minuets late for our meal due to unforeseen circumstances.
On our arrival in the dining room we were told that we could not have a starter because of our lateness, all the starters that were left had been thrown out.
I went and spoke to the manager who told me it was our fault for being late,which I thought was very rude,as he didn’t bother to ask why we were late, all he could say was “you were late so you can’t have a starter “
The manager was treating us like naughty children and as a punishment denied us a starter.
We are not naughty children we are responsible adults.
The reason for our lateness was due to me having a very bad chest infection which caused a bout of coughing from which I needed time to recover before going into the dining room, but neither the waiteror the manager bothered to ask the reason for our lateness.
So beware if you use this hotel DO NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR MEAL OR YOU WILL NOT GET IT.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry S

Dear Terry S

I'm sorry to hear that you were unwell during your stay at the hotel.
We have phones in all of our bedrooms to enable our guests to contact reception.
If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact me directly at the hotel.
I hope this didn't spoiled your holiday, after all you are a regular guest at the Regina Hotel, in the meantime see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Booked our holiday through Alfa coach tours, very good journey there and back. The hotel is on the sea front, about 30ft from the marina, terrific views and minutes from the shops. Good varied menu each day, 3courses .and plenty of choice to suit everyone. We had a sea view room which we paid extra for but well worth it. Some parts of the decor were a little tired but not so noticeable. The staff were very good, service was excellent and the meals were well presented. We have booked up again for another visit to a wonderful place next year.

Room Tip: Room 65, 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Raymond s
Bartek M, General Manager at The Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Raymond s
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time at the Hotel.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel bit tired could do with updating.Food was very good and staff in restaurant very good.Cleaning not very good we were there for a week and the pillowcases never got changed as there were marks on mine still there when we left. Last night when I went to bed I pulled the duvet back and the sheet underneath was all crumpled the way I left it so she never even made the bed.In a good position for the shops and bars.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benjamin700

Dear Benjamin700
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
I'm happy to hear that you have found our food very good and staff as well.

Bartek M

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
0.3 km away
0.9 km away
The Headland Hotel
The Headland Hotel
#12 of 85 in Torquay

Been to The Regina Hotel? Share your experiences!