“Delicious”

Ranked #41 of 359 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$11 - US$41
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A little taste of heaven in a beautiful part of Devon! Angels is a perfect place for Devonshire Cream Tea looking onto the seafront in Babbacombe. Very popular with the locals and recommended to holiday makers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very accommodating with getting a table for our group as we didn't have a reservation. Food is freshly made and delicious. Plenty of choice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited here as previously enjoyed a cake and coffee and our hotel cream tea was more expensive than here
We chose the full tea, which includes a sandwich of choice each, cinnamon toast, scones with cream and jam and a slice of cake!
With a lot of tea all for £21, so actually great value
There was also plenty of other choices from crumpets to basic cream teas etc
Will visit again when in area
Managed to Park in car park in one way road at side of restaurant.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had lunch recently. Sat near the door in cramped area. Had to keep moving to make access for people and prams. The staff kept slamming the door. It was ridiculously loud inside with far too many tables crammed into a small area. Distinctly average.

1  Thank twizzle2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Over priced and over rated in my opinion. Facilities need a good overhaul and the decor around the place is really tired. My cream tea was standard. Won't be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank CeeGee115
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I visited Angels for the first time 5 March with two friends.
I heard so much so much about it being a favourite of many people.
It is a small tea room cafe serving afternoon teas and light meals.
The environment is rather dull but it overlooks Babbacombe Downs which has some magnificent rooms.
We decided on toasted sandwiches and tea, the sandwiches came with a little salad garnish which gave it a nice presentation.
The tea was served in traditional china cup and saucer, the tea came in a china pot with a tea strainer. The milk in a traditional milk jug and sugar cubes in a small bowl but no tongs to lift them out.
We asked for more hot water which arrived in a milk jug.
My friend asked for oil to go with her sandwich and salad garnish, she wasn’t clearly understood and had to mention olive oil, this arrived in a milk jug also. My toasted sandwich arrived without being toasted!
Despite my disappointment the tea rooms were packed and very busy at midday.
I found the prices to be a little expensive the cost being £8.10 each for a toasted sandwich and pot of tea.

However, these tea rooms are very popular but I do find that tea becomes cold quickly in china cups which meant unless you drink it quickly then you are sipping luke warm tea.

I can’t understand what all the fame is about perhaps it’s just me, but I would personally not recommend it.

1  Thank tirol94