All reviewsthe riverthe pubrestaurant mealssit outsidefamily roomscallopsfresh milksmall fridgesunday roastpolite stafflovely spottea and coffee making facilitieschocolate browniegreat lunchrange of beerslog fireexcellent shower
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We stayed in room 2 which was lovely and the terrace outside the front of the Inn on the rivers edge was a great place to have a drink before dinner . The rooms are modern and clean with lovely bathrooms and fresh milk each morning for coffee. We needed to book the cancelation option so do not regard our marker on value too harshly please

Room Tip: room 2 was fine
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

It’s a lovely spot but as I understand it the manager isn’t on site and the staff are unbelievably rude and stressed out - it was extraordinary!!
Food was fine just sort out your staffing and be nice to customers - it’s pretty straightforward

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

A group of 8 of us visited for lunch on a hot sunny day in June.
Beautiful spot on the side of the river and excellent service. My friends meals were superb ... I ordered fish and chips but sadly the huge piece of fish was not enjoyable as the batter was very thick and soggy. This was the downside the rest of our visit was lovely I just made the wrong choice, Hopefully the soggy batter was a blip because it was definitely not the high clsss of food that the others had.
We would still return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We visited this pub for 5 consecutive evenings whilst on a short break in Totnes. A couple of evenings we just had drinks and sometimes we ate as well. Service was helpful and friendly and the food was very nice. The setting is beautiful. We were blessed with lovely weather and enjoyed our visits to this gem of a pub very much. Do try it if you’re in Totnes, especially while the weather is so good. The picture shows the view from where we were sitting.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The location is great, the food nice but when you are the only customers at the bar and the bar staff serving tells you she is too stressed to take your money, and then accused you of being drunk - we were ordering our second glass - you have to wonder if she was in the right job! My friend and I laughed... because frankly her attitude and competancy was quite breathtaking. If I wanted to be spoken to too by a narky teenager, I’d have stayed at home!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends