“Situated within the Liston Hotel”

Gilbey's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 819 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$25 - US$44
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gilbey's Restaurant in Bournemouth is situated in the Liston Hotel which is two minutes from the Cliff Top Gardens in Boscombe Spa. The large open restaurant with polished oak floor and wall murals of Edwardian days on the pier compliments the cosy bar and entrance hall with original features dating back to the turn of the century. Our food is modern English/French with some influences from the rest of the World. The large open restaurant with polished oak floor and wall murals of Edwardian days on the pier compliments the cosy bar and entrance hall with original features dating back to the turn of the century. Our food is modern English with some influences from the rest of the World.
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Good home cooked food with a varied choice of menu. Tables nicely set out and staff friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 11 February 2017

We love this restaurant. We have had a few lunches here and the service is amazing and the food is excellent.

The waiters do make the experience very pleasant, they all seem to take pride in what they do.

If you're after an experience, good service and tasty food, me and partner thoroughly recommend this place.

1  Thank floweryaya
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Very good food and very friendly staff. Stayed here and used this restaurant for 5 days. Would recommend it

2  Thank joefan83
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Plenty to choose from for breakfast and evening meal. Food always piping hot. Staff attentive, overall fantastic.

1  Thank Geordie112
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited Gilbey's on Sunday 31st July after driving from Bath to visit Bournemouth for the day.
I checked Trip advisor and found this lovely restaurant and telephoned to book a table.
£20 for a two course Sunday Roast where my wife and I chose the Sweet rather than the Starter (my wife has a sweet tooth).
We had Rib Eye Beef which was plentiful and delicious with home made Yorkshire Pudding with fresh vegetables, & Roast potatoes..
The pudding was the delightful 2nd course that finished the meal off perfectly.
From the welcome at the entrance and the service with the meal, a perfect meal with beautiful decor ensured I enquired about availability to stay at the Hotel to dine again at Gilbey's.
Try it, you'll like it!