“Poor”

The Libertine
Ranked #125 of 825 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our kitchen team aim to cook simple, wholesome, homely food without the pretense. We focus on flavoursome dishes that make you want to come back time and time again. If we were to recommend anything on our menu, we'd have to say our steaks...cooked perfectly in our charcoal oven, or our great wood-fired pizzas.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Slow service even though not busy. My order was put through wrong so I had to sit and watch my partner eat while they cooked the right Pizza. Offered to get us complimentary drinks but waited so long I got up and went to the bar. The prawn Pizza was supposed to have rocket on it but mine didn't. The Pizza was bland and so thin. A rip off for what you get.

3  Thank Charlyn B

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

First visit and pleasantly surprised by the decor and I thought the staff were very good . The food however is very average and it isn’t good value for the prices they are charging. I had the Moroccan pork and it was very bland , In fact it was tasteless not impressed. I certainly won’t be rushing back .

1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Need I write more than the title? All staff we encountered - either directly or in passing were delightful. Four cask conditioned ales and thankfully a change from the area dominating Ringwood Beers and Sharps Doombar. 3 ales tried all in good nick. Menu interesting but short enough for you to believe that it is made in the kitchen. Tables well spaced - pub and restaurant comfortable. Quite quiet (a good thing) despite being reasonably busy. Public car park next to pub and taxi rank 1 minute away and on main Bournemouth - Poole bus route.

1  Thank azodye
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Had a superb lunch, excellent food and service, lovely menu choice too! We were a party of 5 and all ate from their special set menu, 3 had roast chicken and 2 had the roast beef...all meals were excellent and a complimentary Prosecco for my mother and I was much appreciated. We were looked after by Alicia who was excellent, very attentive and friendly.

We have often popped in to The Libertine for a drink as they allow dogs in the bar area...there aren’t many places in Bournemouth that allow dogs so this is a big bonus. This was our first meal there for a few months. It we were not disappointed. Love their pizzas too!

1  Thank LoveofTravel65
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We attended with a large group, really enjoyed our evening but that was down to the company. Husband and I both had pizza that was a bit burnt on the outside and soggy in the middle. Service was friendly but standard a bit hit and miss. Overall I can only give this an average.

1  Thank TheLoftysPoole