“Best by far!”
Review of Amarillo

Amarillo
Ranked #27 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Having stayed in many hotels in the area over the past 6 months, I have finally found the perfect place. The rooms are like a boutique hotel and the hosts Rob and Paul are fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ASH5JA

Reviewed 3 January 2010

For an overnight stay it would be adequate but certainly not for longer. This is my first Tripadvisor review though we do travel around quite often in this country. We were bemused at how the amarillo can class themselves as a hotel. It is even in their webaddress 'amarillohotel'. Facilities are limited and even the free Internet connection dropped out constantly and we were only on the first floor. There are no public rooms to sit so just the smallish bedroom. It twas annoying that many larger hotels were much cheaper with much better facility's.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diver69England
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Beautifully kept, well-appointed, clean room + friendly helpful staff - what more could you want?

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveCoventry
Reviewed 15 October 2009

As soon as we arrived we received a friendly greeting from Rob. Who went on to explain about the hotel, the area etc and then showed us to our room, asked if we would like help with our luggage or if we needed anything else.
The b&b overall was very clean and well maintained. (Cleanliness being one of the most important things to me!) The room was spotless. A selection of teas, coffee and biscuits were provided. Plus bottled water on arrival. The hall and dining room also immaculate. The scented diffusers are a nice touch!
Our room (no 2) was at the side of the building near the street. I was actually surprised how little noise we heard; from outside and within the hotel. Apparently we were in one of the smaller double rooms, which again surprised me because there was plenty of space, with a fresh clean en-suite (the shower maybe a little small for some). My one and only gripe was that the bed was quite hard, but again some people like this.
The breakfast was delicious, 5 star! And well presented with sweet little pots for the jams and marmalade.
The hotel is situated on a quiet street, opposite a park, in an area which has a mix of houses and b&bs, but there are one or two run-down properties. It would suit singles & couples of all ages wanting to stay somewhere that is not right in the centre of town. Avoiding the noise of bars and clubs. It is not for stag and hens or similar. If like me; you still want to experience the night life then the restaurants and bars are around 10-15mins walk away, as are the shops & beach. The BIC and Pavilion roughly 20mins walk. So the location overall is very good. Or it is a short taxi (no more than £5) ride away if preferred. This will also avoid the under-pass, which is not for everyone late at night.
Plus only 5 minutes walk from the train station.
Overall the hotel was everything I had hoped for with the added bonus of such a nice host! I would recommend and we will be back again.
Thank you Rob!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SallyofSomerset
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I stayed for four days in a single room which, on my arrival was immaculate as was every aspect of this small but fragrant and excellently maintained hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and staff who were extremely caring, attentive, pleasant and helpful. If I ever wanted to visit Bournemouth again, I would certainly make this hotel my first choice if vacant. This revue is based on the tariff for staying there which is very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business