“A de-stressing morning”

Butlers Farm Alpacas
Ranked #413 of 917 things to do in East Anglia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Butlers Farm you will find lots of lovely alpacas, as well as The Alpaca Shop which is full of wonderful alpaca fleece and fibre products. We welcome visitors to the farm and shop, and we also run 'Alpaca Experience' days which includes walking with the alpacas. Please contact us for further information.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We arrived after driving through beautiful countryside on a gloriously sunny day to a delightful farm house and outbuildings, through the side of the barn we could see bags of various colours of Alpaca fleece, they been shorne the previous day. Liz greeted us and enthralled us with her knowledge and herd, she has well over a 100 and knows all there names. We walked through fields of these delightful animals, saw several just days old ambling along with their mums. They make a soft humming noise to communicate with each other and all were very happy to see us, I then met Chianti, she was mine for the walk around the fields, she was personality plus and looked on the lead walk as a grazing opportunity, I really wanted to keep her. She was black just like the coat I used to own made from Alapaca fleece. I was amazed as the variety of colours they have. They are truly beautiful animals. I am very envious of Liz and her Alpacas.

All reviews
"couple of hours"
in 8 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My wife received a voucher for an "Alpaca experience" for her birthday. I was dragged along not expecting much at all. Well...it was great, a wonderful 2 hours learning all about Alpacas and being enchanted by the creatures culminating in "walking" them. If you like animals you will love this. We had an added bonus as the Lady in charge suddenly raced off to make sure a new born that very minute was ok....it was. Call me an old softie if you like but this was a lovely afternoon. Even bought an Alpaca pillow which is helping me sleep better!

1  Thank Paul F