“Theatre Meal”

Price range: US$8 - US$46
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Mexicano sits in the heart of Brighton's theatre district and prides itself on being the only authentic Mexican restaurant in the area. Buzzy atmosphere is fueled by vibrant Latin vibes, music, cocktails and food. Authentic Mexican cuisine and Spanish tapas is the order of the day, including Enchiladas, mole, sea-food paellas and fajitas. After your meal, visit Valentino, the art deco style bar upstairs, which is licensed until 2am.
Reviewed 12 February 2017

A restaurant next to Theatre Royal in Brighton. A lovely place to have a meal the food was very good we had Nachos for two to start followed by Beef burritos for mains and churros for two for desert. The portions were large and the food was piping hot and very good service.
The only negative thing this place is not disabled friendly there was no disabled ramp helping those in wheelchairs to get inside the restaurant and the toilets was down a steep staircase. I could get inside as I can do a small steep with help,but was unable to use the toilet because of the stairs and had to wait until I got to the Theatre.
I know the difficulty of old buildings and space available but we are now in 2017. People with a disability should be able to have the same rights as any another person.
I would return but cut down on the water and juice.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

A thoroughly enjoyable meal at this restaurant. The Tapas menu was great and there was good variety. Cocktails were well done and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The chef even came out to see how our meal was!
Highly recommend for date nights, meals with friends or just a quick bite.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We arrived there and were quickly seated by a very kind waiter. He took our order and it arrived very quickly. The nachos were one of the best I have ever had in my life. For my main course I had a pulled pork burrito which was out of this world and would highly recommend it. The food was quick and very tasty. Waiters were polite and very kind. Overall, a brilliant Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We are regular visitors to the Theatre Royal, but for the first time we chanced upon this little gem of a tapas restaurant - absolutely perfect for a pre-theatre meal and all at a great tapas special price. Food was delicious, the service top notch and the whole experience was perfect. This will now be our regular pre-theatre venue.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Really enjoyed the wrap I had, full of yummy things but they also had several other vegetarian options very lovely service too and we arrived late and needed the meal quickly as were due at the theatre well worth a visit.