“Nice ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at jury’s water front hotel. Very nice and beautiful view. Loved it. We had a very clean renovated room. I liked everything about the place except when you order food in the room if you miss one thing they charge you double for the same room. The staff who was taking order was a rude guy. Hope management have a talk with that staff.
Fahima

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you are going to Brighton, make sure you book to eat at English's Fish Restaurant in advance otherwise you will definitely NOT get in.
Its old, its traditional and its very British and that's what makes it great.
I started with the Crispy Lemon & Pepper Squid which I absolutely loved and the Mrs had Oysters, no comment.
I followed with the Fish & Chunky Chips and she had Mussels and a very generous portion indeed.
The food was served hot, the fish was fresh and definitely very enjoyable. I would thoroughly recommend the place albeit not inexpensive.....loved it.

Englishs, Manager at English's of Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear jeremyrother
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to English's of Brighton and I hope there will be many more to come.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very impressed with the food. As always I say that 3 things make a restaurant memorable: Food, Service and Ambiance. It is VERY rarely I am 100% satisfied with everything on my plate but this was absolutely the case at English's. I had tuna to start - perfect accompaniment of slithers of celery - I would never have put this together but it worked. Main of Monkfish - the largest most perfectly cooked piece with lentils. Chocolate melting pudding to finish. All washed down with a bottle of LP. Service was not quick and to some people, may have even been considered slow, but for us, being a special occasion (birthday) it was perfect as we were not rushed or felt in any hurry to finish our meals. I think the table we had upstairs could be better - rather cramped, but this was the only negative.

1  Thank Fussyminx

Dear Fussyminx

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Visited previously in 2015, chanced on getting a table on a Saturday night without a booking, no joy, but suggested we eat at the bar. Very glad we did.
Excellent customer service, superb knowledge of food & definitely wine connoisseurs, the ultimate professional hosts.
Oysters as an aperitif, rock variety, delightful.
Tuna loin & chilli tempura battered squid starters, heavenly.
Tempura seafood & fish & chips mains - a gastronomic success.

Personally the best tuna loin I have ever eaten, cooked beautifully & very good quality.
Every course thoroughly enjoyed & consumed at the bar whilst the staff went on about there duties.

In summary a fine dining experience enjoyed immensely & I can’t wait to venture back to Brighton to sample these delights again.
Very well done all concerned with English’s.

Englishs, Manager at English's of Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Garythomasball
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to English's of Brighton and look forward to welcoming you back when you're next in town.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I had so been looking forward to a delicious fish lunch... what we got was stodgy, greasy and lacking in flavour. Won't be back

Dear Ana M
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm disappointed to hear we did not live up to your expectations and sincerely hope you give us another try in the future.