“lovely food and good service”

Las Iguanas - Brighton Marina
Ranked #257 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Description: Las Iguanas is an adventure. You’ll discover new tastes, and fall in love with new favourites – and feel the warmth and welcome of South America.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

great service, seated quickly and menu explained to us. Restaurant was very busy due to bank holiday but nothing was too much trouble for our waiter.
Food was fantastic, had xinxim and moqueca, both very tasty and served in quirky bowls

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Went this evening with my husband and daughter. We were sat and given menus straight away and staff were attentive and explained the menu. We had nachos to share as a starter that were very nice and they brought my daughters main at the same time which was nice. The mains after however weren't great, I had the chicken burrito which looked nice but wasn't very big with a tiny salad and guacamole, sour cream etc. The chicken inside was not nice, not chicken breast but leg I think. It was very grisly and fatty and badly cut and still joined together with skin. I tried to eat some but it really wasn't nice. My husband had the half roast chicken which was big and not particularly tasty. This dish should really be done with a small spring chicken that's far better and more tasty.
Had the churro to finish, ok but overlooked and I generally don't order desserts but having left most of my burrito I was still hungry.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Visited with lunch with friends. Sampled the special cocktails and weren't disappointed. The majority of the group went for tapas - the ribs were divine. Good portions for sharing (from the main menu). The Cuban sandwich was also a nice option. Our server was spot on and was knowledgeable about the menu. Will definitely return when next visiting the marina.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

brilliant cocktails, and great service. Bar staff particularly good, suggesting cocktails and wine, and even letting us try a few bits!!

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I visited last night with my boyfriend, for a midweek treat! We were greeted warmly by a lovely guy I assume was the manager & seated quickly.
Unfortunately it all went downhill from there, we ordered our drinks & waited....and waited.....in fact we ordered our food before our drinks arrived.
There was about a 40 minute wait for the starters, we had nachos to share, which were very nice. Then we waited another 40 odd minutes for our mains.
My burrito was very small & more like a pub type lunchtime wrap. My boyfriend had the Buenos Aires burger, which he said was 'okay'.
In total we were in the restaurant for about 2 and a half hours & a good majority of that was spent waiting for drinks and food. There were lots of other tables leaving because of the wait.

We complained to the manager who very kindly took a large deduction off the bill & apologised profusely for the wait. He explained that he had a lot of people off sick etc, but maybe they should make people aware there could be up to an hour wait before they sit down!

Although the food was very nice, it's not really worth the wait & there are plenty more restaurants in Brighton marina to choose from.