“Delicious tagine”
Review of A Taste of Sahara

A Taste of Sahara
Ranked #27 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Lebanese and Persian restaurant on Brighton���s busy Western Road, Taste of Sahara gives seaside dwellers a taste of the exotic at a very reasonable price. With its d��cor created with care to reflect the atypical Middle East of story books and holiday brochures ��� all pierced tin lanterns, heavy wood and rich colours ��� Taste of Sahara has a look which reflects the diverse flavours of its immensely flavourful menu. From kebabs to tagines, all one���s Middle Eastern favourites are offered by the Sahara kitchen, along with some lesser known dishes that will tempt the more adventurous diner. In particular, the restaurant���s mezzes prove popular, the sharing concept somehow suited to this kind of cuisine, particularly when accompanied by the BYO policy.
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with friends for my birthday and it was heaving which is always a great sign. We hadn't booked but they still managed to accommodate us and we're very attentive.

The menu was great, a mixture of meze dishes and various different tagine dishes. My friend had the chicken and I had the lamb which was tender and beautifully spiced. Good sized portions and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Alison M

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Fantastic dinner at this establishment. Its a must if you enjoy good food and and warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, the food was delicious and with a great choice - its not licences so we brought our own wine and again they couldn't have been more helpful getting us water , ice and extra glasses - highly recommended.

2  Thank Paula C
Reviewed 5 April 2017

My partner and I had just arrived at Brighton on a Sunday, and decided on eating at this restaurant after reading their menu, their positive TripAdvisor reviews, and their BYOB policy!

We were promptly seated, and were given a Cool Bucket for our wine.

I decided to have the Lamb Shish, and my partner had the Lamb Kabseh.
Both meals were extremely good, but the Kabseh rice in particular was our favourite.

Service was a little rushed as I believe they were expecting a large party later on, but the food here was excellent

2  Thank Karl S
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday night. We were running 30 minutes late so called ahead and the staff moved our booking back with no issues.

We were hoping for a quiet intimate meal here, however, that soon went out of the window.

There were either two or three big groups in a relatively small room. The noise was intense!!! It was crazy! At one point a pen got thrown across the restaurant. There were children smashing cutlery against tables whilst everyone was trying to talk over each other.

Maybe in a bigger location this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe if we had made it at our booking we wouldn't have been around to hear / witness this. However we were and my experience of this restaurant is not a good one.

I'd imagine you could go on a Wednesday night and have a beautiful meal which is maybe more peaceful? But I wouldn't recommend it on the strength of my visit.

Food was good and the staff friendly. Felt over priced for the overall experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Came with 14 friends - great food with wide variety to choose from on the menu. Really nice atmosphere and staff are so friendly. A memorable evening will definitely be back!

1  Thank mattclark123456789