“Pre - theatre dinner”

Price range: US$21 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BRIGHTON A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. The lovely Brighton restaurant is located on Black Lion Street, a stone's throw from the seafront, nestled within Brighton's famous Lanes. The rooftop terrace is a great spot to enjoy a drink and a bowl of our freshly made pasta or a burger after a trip to the beach, or relax in one of the cosy booths and watch the chefs at work in their beautiful open kitchen. There's something for everyone here, whatever the occasion - a quick bite with friends or a big family dinner - come in and soak up the atmosphere while you tuck into some delicious Italian food.
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Would i go here again - yes probably but don't think i would rush back. Italian food with the choice of a burger if you are not into pizza or pasta.

The best item on the menu was the homemade lemonade. Do try it...very refreshing. The deep fried squid was also good.

I booked the table online for 6pm - we arrived early and were shown straight to our table. Only thing that was disappointing was i had asked online for a quiet table....instead we were shown to a small table for two right next another couple and surrounded by groups. There were other tables available but it ended up my conversation with my son was edited as the couple next to us were literally sitting on our laps.

I had the prawn linguine and my son had Jamie's Italian Burger. Nothing that stood out but not bad either.

Service was good and attentive and the layout of the restaurant is good but the tables need to be separated further to give more privacy or the tables made bigger.

Jamie's Italian R, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for the timw to review and the honesty you have shown.

We do use all feedback to improve and will be taking the points you made to ensure we do make the neccesary changes needed.

Many thanks

xx

Write a ReviewReviews (2,612)

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Fine food and nice personel!
We visited this restaurant as last of our trip. And we kept best for last.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Staff were really nice and attentive. Food was OK not amazing but still a pleasant experience and will no doubt go back although not a 'must do'

Jamie's Italian R, General Manager at Jamie's Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

We hope to see you again in the future.

Much love

xx

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We first arrived and were told it would be an hour wait, which when we arrived at 1:45pm seemed a very long time for a Tuesday so we agreed, went for a walk a came back an hour later. On entering we were greeted after a short wait of a few minutes of waiting and shown to a table. By the looks of things they were having issues with clearing the tables as there were around 5 tables which weren’t cleaned for the whole time we were in the restaurant. as we wanted to have a quick bite to eat we ordered garlic bread as a starter and two pizzas for our mains. After 10 minutes the garlic bread arrived, it was placed on the table with no words. This was a very dry garlic bread not as high a quality as expected. Once finished it took another 10 minutes to clear the wood platter, not once being asked if it was ok.

30 minutes later the two pizzas turned up, again just being placed on our table and left. Not ask if it was ok or if we needed anything. A dip for the pizza would be nice as it was a bit dry

After finishing the pizza it took a fair amount of time to get a waiter to clea the table then process the bill, they came over and the disappear, took another 15 minutes to get a card machine to pay.

Disappointing visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Ok the title is misleading as we visited New Years Day. I was young once, but now at the ripe old age of 42 and a doting father of two, i am (sadly) no longer heading out new years eve for a night of debauchery.
I do not mind hung over staff, i almost expected it, and i would laugh with them if they were struggling. It would be amusing and i am relaxed man. I love life and the spirit of fun.
This wasn't that. Our waitress was just plain hateful. The service we received was horrifically rude. It made my family and i what we could have done to the lady serving to be so dis-courteous towards us. She barely approached the table. Whenever she seemed to already be retreating from the table forcing us to rush out any requests for menus, drinks or questions on the specials or menus. The menu was heavily abridged due to delivery delays. Something i would not have minded if pointed out before we ordered. When Asked what the 'perks' of the gold card were, she didn't know. We asked her to find out,,, she never came back. Never checked on us, never cleared the table of starters. I could rattle on but you get the idea. We were indeed at a lost to why she took dislike to us. We were there at midday, We were one of four tables and the staff was geared up for a busier period yet to come. There was no excuse for such rudeness.
The food was good by the way. Just the (lack of) service that left a bad taste in my mouth.
I enjoy Jamies Italian, We go to other venues. Brighton was a one off. i do like the food and usually delightful service. My children like the food and because of that we are regular visitors.
I am, of course, outraged by the way we were treated in the Brighton branch. I did NOT leave a service charge, It was the first time in my life i have never left a service charge. I eat out on average three to four times a week.

Hi there

I would like to discuss this further please could you email me at johnny.white@jamiesitalian.com

Speak soon