“Great, interesting dishes at great prices”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #51 of 1,319 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian / vegan canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). They also do a large selection of drinks including all freshly made smoothies, juices and local roasted coffee. iydea can get very busy at peak times so best to avoid these if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I have walked past this restaurant many times and not really noticed it. I will not be walking past in future. We had an excellent meal with great choices. Everything was superbly prepared and served. The quality of Terre et Terre at a fraction of the price

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank jon b

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My Dad is a vegetarian and doesn’t like eating away from home. I knew he would love this place. As I had been to the one in Hove. My sister and I had come to this one in the lanes a few weeks before but couldn’t get a seat inside. So I thought I’d try again with my Dad. We entered the restaurant and we were greeted so warmly. I looked around and there ‘seemed’ to be plenty of places to sit. So we went to the canteen style food area and chose our meal. (This is what you are supposed to do) I found it great value for a main meal, 2 sides and then a topping. It was generously served and my Dad found so many things he liked and the guy serving was so attentive, advising us along the way. A really nice guy. (Sorry forgot his name- beard and man bun). I paid and then realised that there wasn’t anywhere to sit.....customers had come in behind us and had reserved their seats with coats and bags and then queued for food. This meant that people like myself who had already got there food and paid didn’t have anywhere to sit.....so with food in hand and paid for, I had to find, with my elderly Dad, somewhere for us to sit. We ended up sitting with two ladies that were somewhat disgruntled at us joining them. We just apologised and finished our meal as quickly as we could.
I cannot fault the food it was absolutely amazing but I wouldn’t sit in again, I would get a takeaway or go to Hove.
I did mention what happened to the guy that served us and he said sorry.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The food here is superb and this is coming from a meat eater. I have eaten here many times and. Very tasty fresh inexpensive vegetarian food with loads of different flavors and textures. Gets very busy and limited seating so is usually crowded.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank RobB2088
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I took Joan, a very fit and healthy elderly lady, in her nineties to lunch yesterday. I phoned 48 hours before and reserved a table- they don't normally reserve but i explained that Joan was in her nineties and they were happy to help.
We arrived time and sure enough the table was reserved.
What a choice of home made veggie food. all fresh, well presented and delicious.
The service was first class , the staff gave Joan a birthday cake and were so helpful.
we will be back and truly had a memorable lunch. Can't speak highly enough about the place.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Hillwalker53
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Had a late lunch on Sunday afternoon while walking round the lanes. Excellent quality food, proper home cooked flavour at very good prices. Perfect lunch for us. Will definitely go again. Coffee was also great.

Date of visit: October 2017