“Best lunch spot ever ”

Iydea
Ranked #46 of 1,221 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian / vegan canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). They also do a large selection of drinks including all freshly made smoothies, juices and local roasted coffee. iydea can get very busy at peak times so best to avoid these if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Absolutely LOVE this place! The range of dishes is spectacular. Everything is super healthy and fresh. Is quickly becoming my go-to lunch spot.

If they have the taco bake definitely get it! Best lunch I have ever had!

1  Thank Susie R

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Decent vegetarian food. Not being a vegetarian it’s unusual to get a place in which you don’t notice the absence of meat. This place manages it though.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Not only a fantastically well priced veggie meal (beetroot:ginger smoothie too!) but the lovely server found me (with some effort!) some elastic bands to fix my handbag! Now, THAT is service! Always fab, ❤️ Lydea!

1  Thank Kimbrini
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I have walked past this restaurant many times and not really noticed it. I will not be walking past in future. We had an excellent meal with great choices. Everything was superbly prepared and served. The quality of Terre et Terre at a fraction of the price

2  Thank jon b
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My Dad is a vegetarian and doesn’t like eating away from home. I knew he would love this place. As I had been to the one in Hove. My sister and I had come to this one in the lanes a few weeks before but couldn’t get a seat inside. So I thought I’d try again with my Dad. We entered the restaurant and we were greeted so warmly. I looked around and there ‘seemed’ to be plenty of places to sit. So we went to the canteen style food area and chose our meal. (This is what you are supposed to do) I found it great value for a main meal, 2 sides and then a topping. It was generously served and my Dad found so many things he liked and the guy serving was so attentive, advising us along the way. A really nice guy. (Sorry forgot his name- beard and man bun). I paid and then realised that there wasn’t anywhere to sit.....customers had come in behind us and had reserved their seats with coats and bags and then queued for food. This meant that people like myself who had already got there food and paid didn’t have anywhere to sit.....so with food in hand and paid for, I had to find, with my elderly Dad, somewhere for us to sit. We ended up sitting with two ladies that were somewhat disgruntled at us joining them. We just apologised and finished our meal as quickly as we could.
I cannot fault the food it was absolutely amazing but I wouldn’t sit in again, I would get a takeaway or go to Hove.
I did mention what happened to the guy that served us and he said sorry.