“A little gem”
Review of New Steine Hotel

New Steine Hotel
Ranked #51 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The day before I was due to arrive, I called to ask if I could have a room for that night as well. The same room was not available for the extra night, but the manager could not have been more helpful - not only found me a room but rearranged other bookings so that I only had to move across the corridor for the second night. And they moved my case across for me while I was out for the day. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank travellerBee
GulliversNS, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review - we pride ourselves on the service we provide and I am so glad that we delivered above expectations on this occasion.

We look forward to your return to our Hotel.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor we stayed at the New Steine for 3 nights and had a sea view double room. The room was very clean and up-to-date, a bit small but perfectly fine for a young couple. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was locally sourced with many selections. We had 2 very nice steaks cooked to perfection for dinner at the New Steine Bistro. Within a block there were excellent charity shops and restaurants.The Aquarium, Pier and North Laine are all a short walk away. Had a great time, I would recommend the New Steine.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have just returned with my partner from a one night stay in Brighton at the New Steine. We recieved a very friendly welcome and were escorted to our room.
The room we were staying in was a delux double with a sea view. The room was very comfy, a little small but well furnished.
The only complaint about the room was the bathroom which was very small. However, it was very clean and well kept.
The next morning we were late to breakfast (oops) but the manager (?) made sure we still got some a full english with as much as we wanted... nothing was too much trouble!

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Staff were excellent, had minor problem with bath, sorted very quickly and very efficiently, staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much bother.

What I would call Real Customer Service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
GulliversNS, Manager at New Steine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate that issues can arise during a stay but it appears our service standards were achieved in dealing efficiently with yours, which I am glad of.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We'd stayed at the New Steine 2-3 years ago and always had fond memories of the place. This time we were stuck in room 102 - avoid this room like the plague. Tiny, noisy with the smallest bathroom I think I've ever seen. This was not a bargain break either so I'd sugest you ask when booking whether there is enough room to swing a cat!! The hotel also ran out of hot water on our second morning so not ideal. All in all, not worthy of its self-penned description of elegant and fashionable, and certainly no indication of the "extensive refurbishment" referenced on the hotel web-site. Try elsewhere...

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that on your return visit to our property, that it did not live up to your memories.

As an older Georgian building, all our rooms are of differing sizes and layouts, and as such some bathrooms are smaller than others - unfortunately this is not something we can alter, but we are more than happy to show guests alternative rooms, subject to availability, as we wish to ensure the guest's are as happy as possible during there stay.

With regards the hot water, we did have an issue with our boiler on one side of our property, that unfortunately affected a few rooms. We did get the plumber out as soon as possible, but some rooms were affected in the morning, to which we are sorry. We try our best to pre-empt any problems but this is not always possible - I am sorry if this adversely affected your stay with us.

I do hope I have addressed your issues and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.