“A good meal at a good price and overall a pleasant experience.”
Review of The Brasserie Pizza Pasta - CLOSED

The Brasserie Pizza Pasta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I ate here last night and was very pleased. It was early (6.10pm) on a Thursday evening and at the end of a day when the weather was awful, so the restaurant was quiet. I wanted a quick but good meal without going to one of the chain restaurants. I had the main course spaghetti frutti di mare, a mixed salad and a soft drink. The food was freshly prepared and hot and service was very good. I was in and out in 45 minutes, which was what I wanted, but at the same time I enjoyed a good meal at a good price and overall a pleasant experience.

I would recommend and will go again.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Good location and nice sized restaurant in Kemptown. It was relatively quiet on a Friday evening which was probably not a good sign. There was a very reasonable set menu and A La Carte. Staff friendly and efficient. Decided to have the set menu and the Parma ham and melon ( for starters) and that was fine. Had a cheap large glass of house white that was fine as well. Paid extra to have a steak but it was literally covered in mushrooms and a gravy sauce. Also had salad on the plate which ( although it filled the plate) didn’t go with the steak / chips / mushrooms and gravy. Had an amaretto type sponge for afters ( of the dessert menu) and it was ok. I think the problem with the restaurant is that it was reasonably priced for the location but the food wasn’t particularly good and what I had wasn’t very authentic Italian. I suspect the diners in Kemptown expect something a bit more sophisticated than the meal that I had. They probably need a simpler more authentic menu.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Had lunch here. Great food and good service. As well as the main menu they do a lunchtime 2 course special. Will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Visited this restaurant for lunch using a Groupon voucher. We were given a very limited menu for our voucher. Our waitress was welcoming and friendly but the food was not very nice. The pan-fried cod was not soft and flakey but hard and I was unable to move the fish from the skin even with a knife. My mother ordered the chicken breast but that too was dry and tough to cut and her potato pieces had a horrible taste. We could not possibly recommend this place and will not be returning.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Popped in here for a spot of lunch. Staff friendly and the food tasty, but the restaurant was grubby which did put you off. Dead flies on the window ledge and dirty windows need sorting.