“A great experience”

Proud Country House Stanmer Brighton
Reserve with OpenTable
Proud Country House Stanmer Brighton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #895 of 1,216 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A stunning Georgian Manor House set in beautiful parkland a stones throw from Brighton. The restaurant is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner or join us in our lounge bar for a drink or coffee next to one of the roaring fires. Bookings taken for private dinners, conferences, or wedding ceremonies. Contact the events team for further details. Dogs are welcome in the bar area.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Love the decor and comfortable... We had the taster menu and wine flight...it was very tasty and fascinating...

1  Thank Ben H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I would like to thank Stanmer House for a most enjoyable retirement party for 15 work colleagues and friends. We were welcomed by the smarty dressed staff, our table looked a delight with a white starched table cloth,serviettes and lovely white china. The warm scones arrived with a selections of jams and bowls of clotted cream. Service was excellent, everything we requested was provided promptly with a smile. A most memorable occasion. Highly recommended.

2  Thank ddanjam
Reviewed 30 March 2018

A friend and I came to visit Stanmer house for lunch on a cold and wet day.
When we arrived the waitress very coldly pointed us towards the bar for coffees, however we wanted to sit for lunch. We were seated and we had a look through the menu which looked amazing!
We waited some time to be served, so I went to the bar to find someone. In this time one other waitress was skipping around in the restaurant which I felt was not very professional.
When we finally had out order taken, my friend had a starter and I had a main. Hers came out before mine, so I had to wait some time whilst she was still eating. We were extremely disapointed, as hers was just 3 scallops in a watery soup for £12!
When my order finally arrived, my burger was raw in the middle, so when I cut it open, it exposed raw fatty mince. The chips were also stone cold and anaemic.
We waited such a long time and the service was pretty terrible that I sent my lunch back and decided to eat elsewhere.
When we complained - there wasn't even a sorry. We were waiting to pay for the starter, but in the end left the money on the table, as no-one returned.

I've been here many a time before to have coffee or a roast dinner and although there are enticing things on the menu, the service constantly lets us down.

I think that management should consider training their staff on manners, service and the way in which they present themselves and have a re-think on how

We wont be returning for overpriced and under cooked food again I'm afraid.

13  Thank Jozka1
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I chose Stanmer House for our afternoon tea venue. On arrival we were ‘wowed’ by the beautiful rooms, open fires and quirky furniture. It is a stunning house with wonderful original Georgian features and just to sit by the open fire on a comfy sofa felt very special. It all went downhill when we ordered our food. The service was poor which is such a shame. It would not take a lot to train the staff to have more energy and enthusiasm for their jobs. The food and service certainly do not match the environment.

Stanmer House has the potential to be a great ‘go to destination’ for a country outing. Some work needs to be done to achieve this and I hope that whoever manages the place is able to improve the food and service so that they live up to the first impression.

6  Thank zarafa1
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The house is beautiful and such a great setting but the service previously has been very hit and miss, the assistant manager Chris looked after us on this visit and it was fantastic, he was friendly, attentive and tried to accommodate our dislike of smoked salmon sandwiches! Afternoon tea was ok but you won’t go home overly full.

1  Thank Theresa B