Hotel du Vin
US$172
US$155
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$102
  • Beachfront
US$332
US$238
  • Beachfront
Sea Spray Boutique Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$125
The Oriental(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$103
Agoda.com
US$84
US$78
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

YHA Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$44
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$346
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
1,524 results
All reviewsroll top bathhdv brightonmonsoon showerjunior suitefree standing bathwalk in showernespresso machineno liftwedding partylovely hotelsunday nightsea frontroom ratemini barmy partnereggs benedictfollowing morning
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

We have stayed at a number of Hotel Du Vin's and we've always enjoyed our stay.

Unfortunately this weekend we had a very disturbing incident which has left us feeling uncomfortable.

A member of the staff let a complete stranger into our room at 5am. I was woken to a female turning on our lights and wondering round our room! She had lost her key (obviously she'd had a few drinks). The hotel didn't check her name, or her room number and instead just let her into ours! Her room was next door to ours which they would have known if they'd checked!

It was a frightening experience for us and I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't woken up. It's unnerving that a clearly vulnerable, intoxicated girl was put in the wrong room, why did nobody check her details? What if they'd let her into a single mans room?

We spoke to the manager this morning and they gave us a free nights stay - generous but not the point. A complete stranger walking into your room in the middle of the night is dangerous and you wonder what could have happened. Surely there should be a policy in place that means hotel staff can't just let anyone into your room without checking for their name or booking details?

We will not be staying at Hotel Du Vin in Brighton again!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pippab75
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Having walked past the hotel many times and being aware of the hotel's reputation, I decided to spurge on a room here last week.

Started well with good customer service from the lady on reception and the interior of the hotel was impressive. But as I entered my room and walked around I felt extremely underwhelmed - the decor looked drab and dated, the bathroom mirror was dusty, and the grout in the tiles was dirty. Not unreasonably, I also expected every room to have a bath, which mine didn't. The bathrobes were shabby and needed replacing, my window was tiny and the bed the smallest I've ever slept in whilst in a hotel (I'm only average height yet my feet touched the footboards). There was just no sense of luxury here and when you're paying top-whack, that's what you want. Granted, my room was standard, but to quote from the hotel's website there are '49 timelessly styled bedrooms' here at the Brighton branch. Really?

I was told my room would be quiet as a) it wasn't facing the courtyard, and b) though it was facing Ship Street, my room was on the top floor. Unfortunately my room was three floors above the pub where I could hear the festive revelling until late and on the night I stayed and in the morning I heard bottles being put into skips and collected.

What made the experience just about worthwhile were amazing staff who'd clearly been trained well and one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had. However I'd only stay here again on a deal and now am sadly rather sceptical about the Hotel du Vin experience, in general.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank globalcitizen_1985
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Had our own private room. Service and food were very good.
Quality and variety was good and the canapés were fabulous.
Only disappointment was that there is no draft beer and bottles are overpriced at £5 a bottle

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Have been recommended by several people about the Sunday Lunch @ £24.95 a head and booked for last Sunday at 12.30. Had to delay the start as met some family members by chance and had a drink in the bar. Told Restaurant Manager and she was totally ok and in the end probably settled down at the table at 1.15. The Market Table is situated between the bar and restaurant entrance and you just join the queue and choose from prawns, shelled and unshelled, mackerel pâté, salmon pate, salads, olives, breads, Mediterranean style antipasta and a very skilful person slicing wafer thin slices of Serrano ham. Second course was tomato soup (bit uninspiring). Main course was good selection including roast and was fine. Desserts to die for! Crete brûlée cannot be described, profiteroles with icecream inside and tarts tatin looked gorgeous. Service good although you had to instigate certain things but pleasant enough as the place was rammed by 4pm!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Arriving in torrential rain and horrendous winds we were literally swept away with the reception. Worries over parking were quickly dispelled and the wonderful MATT even accompanied me to the nearest carpark.
Luggage was whisked upstairs and my request for a quiet room had been observed. All our needs were met by the ever attentive Matt and my American companion, used to Beverly Hills standards, had no complaints.
Our experience in the bistro was sadly not so good and started with them not having our reservation. Once again, Matt came to the rescue and sorted things. I wish he had been the maitre "d as things went steadily down hill. However, the food WAS superb and a generous complimentary drink did a lot to appease us.
Our room had everything we wanted and was at a high standard and most comfortable.
Breakfast was a much better experience and the whole week end excellent value.
I must say that the BEST thing about the visit was the attention to our needs by Matt and the rest of the reception staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: I was very happy at the back of the hotel though below me was the courtyard and consequently the smokers..but no problems
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends