1,827 results
All reviewsseattle hoteloverlooking the marinamulti storey car parkpizza expressinland viewfree car parkingnumber busmonsoon showerhotel entrancesmall balconymodern hotelcooked breakfastrestaurants and barsa sea view roomtown centresunday nightpublic areas
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel because we wanted somewhere a bit special for our anniversary. We were very happy with our stay.
We had a room with a view over the harbour and a shared terrace. The room was extremely comfortable with a huge bed. There was a big tv, desk/dressing table and a small wardrobe with a safe and fridge inside. There was a decent minibar although I can’t believe many people use it with a 24hr Asda next door! We appreciated having a proper coffee machine and a good range of teas. There was also an ironing board and iron in the room. There was an impressive selection of extras -dressing gowns, slippers, lovely toiletries, chocolates... loads!

The hotel reception, bar and restaurant areas are all very well maintained and stylish. We were given complementary prosecco for our anniversary which was such a lovely touch. The bar was really well stocked and we enjoyed spending time there in the evening. The breakfast was also excellent. All the staff at this hotel that we encountered were pleasant, helpful and keen to please, especially the ladies at breakfast.

The hotel wasn’t 100% perfect (the bathroom was a bit dusty and some of the towels and robes were a bit worn out) but it was still one of the loveliest hotels we have been to in a long time. As others have said, it is a bit out of the town, but you can park for free and it was about £8 for an Uber to the pier. There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel, a supermarket, casino and cinema. We would gladly return and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Malmaison Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Cupcakegirl22,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your anniversary by staying with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities and facilities that the hotel has to offer. I apologise that your bathroom was not impeccable and hopefully we were able to address this issue before you left us. If not, and you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Malmaison Brighton Marina last week - it’s a bit of a trek from Brighton central but worth it! The hotel was lovely and clean but room and corridors a bit dark (minor really). The highlight of my stay was breakfast and not because of the food! David our waiter was charming, informative, efficient and nothing was too much trouble. You are lucky to have him!! The barman who served me on our last night was lovely too - sadly, I didn’t get his name but he made sure our glasses were sparkling clean before serving drinks - that’s what I like to see!! All in all a very comfortable stay! Hi to David from the Unison ladies!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Catriona C,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We love having the Unison group stay with us and this time was no exception. Your comments regarding the team will be passed on including your 'hello' to David! We look forward to having you and the other members of your group stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I was recommended the restaurant at the hotel by my 21 year old granddaughter. My partner and I booked Sunday lunch. On arrival we were taken to a table and the menu was explained to us. We chose the two course roast. The starter was amazing, there was soup and bread followed by a large buffet of fish, shellfish, cold meats, and salad. This was followed by beautifully cooked beef crispy roast potatoes and perfectly cooked veg. My partner chose half a chicken which was also delicious. We were too full for a dessert even though they looked lovely. We were sat over looking the boats moored in the harbour so after lunch we sat on the furnished balcony overlooking the boats. The price including a glass of wine each was £62 including 10% service. We will definitely be returning

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Malmaison Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear David D,

Thank you for your lovely review about your restaurant experience at Chez Mal. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night while. In Brighton celebrating with family.

The hotel looks chic, staff are friendly and helpful and the terrace over the marina is perfect for any time of day.

We had a disabled access room which was lovely and spacious, it's rather expensive for just a one night stay but if you want to have a little treat yourself moment I'd recommend staying here.

There is a car park about a 2 minute walk away and lots restaurants etc. A short walk away.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
David E, General Manager at Malmaison Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Faye K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us. Your positive comments about our staff and your room are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

As a happy guest of Malmaison hotels for many years this was a shock and a disappointment. I’ve always enjoyed the little touches that make their hotels feel welcoming and special. The “Brighton” hotel is like a tarted up shopping centre, Brighton Marina (note: two miles outside of Brighton) is soulless, riddled with drunk chavs and is oppressive. We did not feel safe.

We travelled with our dog and although billing itself as pet friendly the hotel has no facilities for dog exercise, and the location meant that taking him out for this was kind of scary even at dusk (waiting for your dog to wee on a scrap of yellow grass opposite a filling station while a drug deal takes place at your elbow, lovely).

The room was sparse and felt akin to a Travelodge, not worthy of the Malmaison name. The location really surprised us, we cannot think why the chain chose it. The “lovely other side” of the hotel was basically a procession of low/medium end chain / fast food shops. Does this create a classy ambience? Not really. Wetherspoon pubs and a TGI Friday are hardly enticing.

Parking is in a very tight multi storey. Signs everywhere saying that maximum stay is 4 hours and staying beyond this will incur a £70 charge. Malmaison reception assured me that it is free, we shall see...

To sum it up; my first question to reception was whether I could cancel. I had prepaid so this was not possible. I checked in and my heart sank. I explored and it hit the floor and broke. My partner, dog and I are captive until the morning as we have nowhere else to go tonight. Our one night trip has been a disaster. Thanks Malmaison. :-(

1  Thank IanCleary

Dear IanCleary,

Thank for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully we were able to address your issues before your departure from the hotel. If not, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.